Everything Else

Do you...

...use/have used street drugs?

The subject is kinda personal, I hope noone feel offended by it.

Among the swedish cream of hackers we have this saying: "Street drugs and computers - combining the best of two worlds."
SGI Systems: R4K :Indigo: /256MB/XS-24, R5K 150MHz :Indy: /160MB/XL-24, R10K 175MHz :O2: /640MB, R12K 400MHz :Octane2: /Vpro6/1GB & R4K 250 MHz :Indigo2IMP: /128 MB/XZ Extreme/GIO64 FDDI

"It's a UNIX system! I know this! "
I'm somwhat ignorant on the matter: what is the definition of "street drugs"?

Marco/Sat
Satoru wrote: I'm somwhat ignorant on the matter: what is the definition of "street drugs"?

Marco/Sat

The legality of said drugs in your respective country is how I refer to it.
NOTE You cannot use Virtual Disk Manager to create or to shrink physical hard drives.
There's nothing like hittin' the herb while typing in obscure commands in a shell...

Disclaimer: I found the above true until I saw the felatio scene in the movie Swordfish. That one blew me away (pun intended).
Nihilus wrote: ...use/have used street drugs?

Do you mean like caps of psilocybin or mescaline you bought from some fast-talking shady-looking character in a doorway on Telegraph in 1967 ? The stuff that always turned out to be acid anyway ? Except for once when it really was THC ?

No, never.
Nihilus wrote: Among the swedish cream of hackers we have this saying:

That's a bit arrogant, huh? Calling yourself the cream of hackers. :)

Nihilus wrote: "Street drugs and computers - combining the best of two worlds."

Lol. That's the most stupifying thing I've heard for years. IMHO.
Dunno how to put that in a non-offending way, really.
As a computer hacker I'd be quite insulted if anybody would ever associate that profession with drug usage.
Shall I describe it to you? Or do you want me to get you a box?
whiter wrote:
Nihilus wrote: Among the swedish cream of hackers we have this saying:

That's a bit arrogant, huh? Calling yourself the cream of hackers. :)

Nihilus wrote: "Street drugs and computers - combining the best of two worlds."

Lol. That's the most stupifying thing I've heard for years. IMHO.
Dunno how to put that in a non-offending way, really.
As a computer hacker I'd be quite insulted if anybody would ever associate that profession with drug usage.

@Whiter.

AFAIK nobody ever labels themself a hacker unless they are NOT a hacker. Besides, I find drugs, sex and loud music go better together. Drugs mostly impair logic, which I would guess is the most important function when actually trying to get something done on a computer. Now surfing the net while mentally fustigated by drugs or alcohol is another matter all togehter...

@Hamei

Lmao, feed your head much eh?
NOTE You cannot use Virtual Disk Manager to create or to shrink physical hard drives.
I smoke weed all the time I use my computers at home. I like!
Have been under the influence of lots of other stuff whilst using my computers on occasions, but those drugs are best taken in other places.
I had a bacterial throat inflamation last year and got prescribed antibiotics. I got them in pharmacy. So you can get them on street? :)
cyclo-2,4,6-trimethylene-1,3,5-trinitramine (RDX) is the way to go :twisted:

Code: Select all

NO2
/
______N
/      \
/        \
O2N--N/          \
\          /
\        /
\______/
N
\
NO2
You kids and you fancy designer drugs, whatever happened to good old alcohol?
VenomousPinecone wrote: You kids and you fancy designer drugs, whatever happened to good old alcohol?
You have not done any research on the molecule I've just posted, have you :) .
Besides, I'm (ab)using booze with high octane/cetane number all the time ;) .
chervarium wrote:
VenomousPinecone wrote: You kids and you fancy designer drugs, whatever happened to good old alcohol?
You have not done any research on the molecule I've just posted, have you :) .
Besides, I'm (ab)using high octane booze all the time ;) .

Hehe, well I must admit anything with an acronym for a name sounds designer to me. :P

Well, high octane booze and cannabis usage on occasion is normal in my book. ;)
VenomousPinecone wrote: Hehe, well I must admit anything with an acronym for a name sounds designer to me. :P

I believe RDX is a component used in explosives, not a drug :)
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
VenomousPinecone wrote: Hehe, well I must admit anything with an acronym for a name sounds designer to me. :P

I believe RDX is a component used in explosives, not a drug :)
That's ritgh neko, RDX is high order explosive. It should have been obvious to everybody from the =N-NO2 groups (nitramide radical).