Apple

Apple Power G5 Vs Octane2 (NOISE CHALLENGE) - Page 3

uunix wrote: I reckon the OSX install is fine, but the AJA install maybe a bit skew-whiff.. So yes, it may be worth starting from scratch.

you said that you funked with the /Library stuff while trying to sort out the aja versions, so that may have broken something along the way :)

uunix wrote: But what you are saying fu, is that starting AJ TV should open a window that display whatever input the card is receiving?

yep, as long as there is input through the card, aja tv should display it live as it happens. check your aja control panel and its input settings.

i’m not in front of a cutting station right now but iirc, there should be a button like “continue playback when in background” that should be checked in aja tv preferences.

what's in the input channel of the kona? camera? vtr?
fu wrote:
uunix wrote: I reckon the OSX install is fine, but the AJA install maybe a bit skew-whiff.. So yes, it may be worth starting from scratch.

you said that you funked with the /Library stuff while trying to sort out the aja versions, so that may have broken something along the way :)

uunix wrote: But what you are saying fu, is that starting AJ TV should open a window that display whatever input the card is receiving?

yep, as long as there is input through the card, aja tv should display it live as it happens. check your aja control panel and its input settings.

i’m not in front of a cutting station right now but iirc, there should be a button like “continue playback when in background” that should be checked in aja tv preferences.

what's in the input channel of the kona? camera? vtr?

Removed AJA stuff from the library, possibly it could have corrupted OSX..

The input shows 1080i from the VBOB and I know it's correct as I have TEST SIGNAL output on a screen. So defiantly some input, and I know it's from the VBOB because I have the KONA set to a different pattern.

I'm going to do a fresh install.. (Curse myself for leaving the install DVD at work)..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Re-installed OSX, updated then installed the correct version of AJA and still no AJ TV displaying?
What gives? I can see it has input. This looks like a cool little feature. BAH!!!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
take a few snaps of the i/o spghetti and a screenshot of your aja control panel

not sure i understand what you’re trying to do, output something from the octane and feed it into kona? that “something” the gets in has to be an uncompressed feed/signal.

you don’t really need aja tv (unless you are editing for 8h/day at least) but it should provide a live view of what’s cooking through the card.
fu wrote: you don’t really need aja tv (unless you are editing for 8h/day at least) but it should provide a live view of what’s cooking through the card.

Ahh.. bugger.. I was only planning on 7 hours a day, looks like I'll bin in then, it's no good to me.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
uunix wrote:
fu wrote: you don’t really need aja tv (unless you are editing for 8h/day at least) but it should provide a live view of what’s cooking through the card.

Ahh.. bugger.. I was only planning on 7 hours a day, looks like I'll bin in then, it's no good to me.

:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2: