Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

new BeOS - Page 2

Ah... so it's finally out? Great!
Omega_Trion wrote: I just purchased ZetaOS R1 final release version it should be here in 2 weeks from bmtmicro.com It should be really fun to use. We may be able to quad boot on new macs. OSX, Linux, Zeta, oh and windows. Im sure there are more.

At one point, I too bowed at the altar of the fantastic BeOS. Amazing operating system. Lacked a bit in the networking area, but still fantastic work. Personally, I'm waiting for some first hand reports on Zeta R1 before I purchase - so, maybe you could post a mini review on the forum (Nekonoko would probably allow for some screenies too).
configure complete, now type 'make' and pray.
For those interested, the 2nd Annual Haiku Developers Conference will be held in Los Vegas on the weekend of August 6th.

DLazlo
http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=11251

Sounds good. I'm still waiting on my copy. Should be here any day now.
It's been a good day. My copy of Zeta R1 has arrived and cost only $84.00 shipped. Oh and not to mention I also recieved my unopened copy of Nextstep 3.3. Now I'm off to fetch a PC to install on to. Screenshots soon.
Omega_Trion wrote: It's been a good day. My copy of Zeta R1 has arrived and cost only $84.00 shipped. Oh and not to mention I also recieved my unopened copy of Nextstep 3.3. Now I'm off to fetch a PC to install on to. Screenshots soon.

nice!; I could be interested to know also your PeeCee hardware config, and the degree of support on the drivers side for every device present in your box. I've always liked BeOS, and Zeta seems a fair honest release, with tons of support for COTS.
There was a not so favorable review in the current c't edition (german computer magazine), if anyone's interested, I can do a short summary of it. Mostly ran along the lines of 'There's no real reason to buy it, at least wait until the application bugs are ironed out'.
Such bugs and goblins in my life!
(Taken from Hamlet)
zappa,

link? i wanna read this in german please.
Hakimoto wrote: zappa,

link? i wanna read this in german please.

It's not online, unfortunately :-( If you want to buy it as PDF (0.40 EUR), it's available at

http://www.heise.de/kiosk/archiv/ct/05/14/088/

zappa wrote: There was a not so favorable review in the current c't edition

This should be "the previous edition" (14/05), my fault :oops:
Such bugs and goblins in my life!

(Taken from Hamlet)