Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

MaXX Desktop DR3 - Page 2

GeneratriX wrote:
maxxi.desktop wrote: @GeneratriX

As for the correspondence... I like the idea a lot, but MaXX really try to follow the IRIX SGI Desktop guidelines and best-practices. I am targeting first IRIX to Linux migrations (that is where my real value and business is).

Of course, that's what I've tried to express; but maybe I've not phrased well. I've tried to mean that I enjoy a lot the fact that you could not tell if you are logged into a MIPS/IRIX box or into MaXX Desktop... both virtually behave the same!

maxxi.desktop wrote: Finally, I like the idea of offering some kind of KDE'ish menu generating tool based on the Linux installation underneath.

Feel free to log a request for feature on dev.maxxdesktop.com/trac/maxxdesktop

Well, I've already registered myself a couple hours ago... I'll add my ticket once approved my account. Thanks in advance for your excellent work with MaXX! All the best,
Diego

There was something wrong in my SMTP config.... I will have to delete your account and please re-register.... The notification works now! Really sorry about that.
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 1GB RAM DUAL HEAD
Indigo2 Max IMPACT R10K 195Mhz, 512MB RAM
Octane2 R14K 600MHz 2GB RAM V10 Pro
SGI 1400 Quad Xeon III 766Mhz 2GB Quad Voodo5 SLI
MacBook (MacBook3,1 ) OS X
MacBook Pro (MacBookPro5,3)
Linux i7 @3.2GHz, GTX480
Hackintosh OSX Server 10.3 ]Dual Quad Xeon 5420, FX1700
maxxi.desktop wrote: P.S How you guys do that title thing 'bob wrote:' in the quote box ?

Just like that:

Code: Select all

[quote="maxxi.desktop"]P.S How you guys do that title thing 'bob wrote:' in the quote box ?[/quote]

maxxi.desktop wrote: There was something wrong in my SMTP config.... I will have to delete your account and please re-register.... The notification works now! Really sorry about that.

No problem, I'll try again! ;)

EDIT: Done! I don't know too well if I followed the right procedures, but I think I've added the ticket now. All the best,
Diego
I've reinstalled maxx DR3 just for fun, I have no icons on desktop. Finally how to change the wallpaper ?
you need to use rox or something like it for desktop in MaXX desktop.

I'm not a big fan of rox I think it is flimsy (a bit too configurable).

I don't think there's a replacement for icon bar right now.

Everything that's skin deep seems to work very well.
My Website --> https://sites.google.com/site/y3software/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Image {1x R14000A 550mhz :: 2GB :: V8} * Courtesy of Japes
Image {1x R10000 195mhz :: 640MB :: MXI [parted out]}
Image {2x R10000 250mhz :: 1.4GB :: EMXI}
Image {1x R5000 180mhz :: 448MB}
Image {1x R12000 270mhz :: 832MB}
------------------------------------
HP C3700 :: HP J6000 :: Sun Ultra 24
------------------------------------
Lenovo W520 RAID1 (beast)