SGI: Discussion

IRIX cd scans

Maybe a unusual request, but could someone scan(who has scanner and the media) the cds(Installation Tools and Overlays/Overlays) of these IRIX versions: 6.5.(9, 14 ,15,17,18,19,21 to 28).
I hope this is not against forum rules, since I need only the images.

Thanks!
"Look on wife/girlfriends/parents face when you drag all this stuff(IRIS CRIMSON, ONYX, ONYX2, ORIGIN 2000 ,etc.) home.... Priceless! ;) "
:Tezro: :O3x02L: :Indy: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :O2: :Octane: Motorla Series 900(MVME197LE) , Atari TT030, Motorola Powerstack
Just curious, why do you need so many different versions?
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
don't tell me you wanna print cd labels :P
r-a-c.de
SGI:
:Fuel: R16000A@900MHz 4GB V12/DCD, 6.5.30 Rin
:Tezro: Quad R16000@700MHz, 8GB, V12/DCD, DM3 6.5.30 Byakuren
L2 Controller
Non-SGI:
HP C8000 2x PA-8900 1GHz 8GB Nazrin
2x ThinkPad x230 i5-3210M 2.53GHz 8GB HD4000 FreeBSD 10.1 Benben & Yatsuhashi
IBM IntelliStation 265 Dual POWER3-II@450MHz Jigoku-Karasu ( Hell Raven )

For Sale: O2 DIMMS, Octane and O2 caddies, Fuel parts
armanox wrote: Just curious, why do you need so many different versions?

foetz wrote: don't tell me you wanna print cd labels :P

Trying to make a backup collection of all IRIX installation media and these are the cds I'm missing.
"Look on wife/girlfriends/parents face when you drag all this stuff(IRIS CRIMSON, ONYX, ONYX2, ORIGIN 2000 ,etc.) home.... Priceless! ;) "
:Tezro: :O3x02L: :Indy: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :O2: :Octane: Motorla Series 900(MVME197LE) , Atari TT030, Motorola Powerstack
As someone who has in the past tried to print CD labels made from discs with a reflective surface, they look terrible.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
pentium wrote: As someone who has in the past tried to print CD labels made from discs with a reflective surface, they look terrible.

Concur. You want photographs not scans. You can use the flash as long as you angle the camera so the reflection doesn't come back to the lens. Also, I would be very surprised if any one member here had all those CDs. I've got a couple of complete install 6.5 CD sets, and the overlays for 6.5.30, I'll have a look at them tonight and see if any are in your target audience... 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
I used to have access to quite a few versions, I believe .8,.9,.18 and .21 IIRC, but I do not believe I can still get ahold of those disks. I have .29 and .30 myself, and am still curious why someone would want the overlays for every version....
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
well in doubt just use a marker and write the version on each disc. it's not that the label would add to the functionality in any way other than ruining your possibly rare scsi cdrom :P
r-a-c.de
kokoboi, PM me.
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
armanox wrote: still curious why someone would want the overlays for every version....

There are people who ask the same question about individuals who use IRIX computers, period! :D
armanox wrote: curious why someone would want the overlays for every version....
Surely not the case with kokobo'si request, but several years ago when full IRIX Install sets regularly went for several hundred dollars, I head from a nekochan member who'd purchased a set only to find what he'd purchased was a CD-R copies with printed labels attached. Even though they worked, he was put out because originality was important to his collector aesthetic. He pointed out if he wanted CD-R copied he could have burnt his own (and saved a couple hundred bucks).

So if anyone steps up to assist kokoboi my suggestion would be to send the scans privately.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
TeamBlackFox wrote: dat fat bastard

I laughed way harder than I should have. :shock: