SGI: Discussion

First the mug, now the shirts :)

Here it is, yours truly, with the new SGI gear :)
Photos doesn't do justice. I'm way nicer in person :) And the shirts are stitched, not painted/thermal transfered images. So you have to really see them in person to see how beautiful they are.

THE dream come true: Silicon Graphics' Octane
Image Octane R10000 225MHz, 2GB RAM, 1x36GB HDs, 21" monitor, SSI (no TRAM) graphics
:Indy: Indy R5000 (specs to be determined)
Awesome!
:shock: :shock: :shock: STITCHED??? :shock: :shock: :shock: WAAAHH LOVE TO HAVE ONE!!!
:Octane: (Sakura) :O2: (Sasuke) :1600SW: (Naruto) ... lil Jesse! (O2 laptop)
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.“ – A. Einstein
Yep! It will last almost forever :D
Want one? Maybe I can do a run and sell here on forum, if moderator allows...
Image Octane R10000 225MHz, 2GB RAM, 1x36GB HDs, 21" monitor, SSI (no TRAM) graphics
Tabalabs wrote: Yep! It will last almost forever :D

And if SGI allows it, their a little fanatical about using their logo.
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Ask them to get me here in Brazil. And bring toghether some SGI swag. But please, with the old logo.

if moderator allows, YES! ill take one! ;) it will indeed last longer! esp ill hand wash it by myself if ever hehe

kshuff wrote:

And if SGI allows it, their a little fanatical about using their logo.

oh! what a game stopper... but hmm maybe they don't care about this logo anymore coz they change it to a new one? hmm

Tabalabs wrote: Ask them to get me here in Brazil. And bring toghether some SGI swag. But please, with the old logo.

hahaha im not sure if i understood this well but hehehe sound like fun hehehe
:Octane: (Sakura) :O2: (Sasuke) :1600SW: (Naruto) ... lil Jesse! (O2 laptop)
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.“ – A. Einstein
I only own an original SGI sweat-shirt. But even after all these years, it's still one of my favorites :D
If man would have been created out of the rib of a woman - how different would the world be?
Tabalabs wrote: Ask them to get me here in Brazil. And bring toghether some SGI swag. But please, with the old logo.

They might not take you down, but that might not be quite so true of this forum.

geo wrote: oh! what a game stopper... but hmm maybe they don't care about this logo anymore coz they change it to a new one? hmm

In the US (and many other countries), companies that don't actively defend their trademarks risk losing them as a matter of law, which explains why they seem to over-react even when hobbyists do things with good intentions.
Of course I don't want to create trouble. But a question: How the forum can be damaged by the acts of a member?

And what is the difference of making t-shirts and mugs?
Maybe the difference is that you mentioned selling them on the forum, and selling usually means profit. On the other hand, if you only took enough money to cover the manufacturing and the shipping costs I guess it would be more acceptable.

Anyway, here in Finland that would be called free advertising, and some would even think it would be good if there are people running around with your company logos in their shirts, at least if the shirts are well made and of good quality.
Tabalabs wrote: Of course I don't want to create trouble. But a question: How the forum can be damaged by the acts of a member?
Because the forum is the also a physical entity with an owner and an address on public record. If the owner of a trademark wants to purse the issue, the forum owner <who the copyright holder will alledge allowed the infringement> is a much easier target than some anonymous user.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Ok, no more t-shirt selling :) Sorry for bothering, people!
Find a friend at SGI and ask - emphasize that you aren't going to be making any money.

If you don't have a connection they'll probably ignore you, though :( .
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
looks really good. would be worth it to find a legal way to offer them imho
r-a-c.de
Man...Reading this post 5 years later (time passes...)
HOW FAT I WAS! :o