SGI: Discussion

My SGI Coffee Mug Design... - Page 2

zackwatt wrote:
I'll try to run it off, but Zazzle.com (where I made it) does not print copyrighted logos.

They turned down my Nintendo64 mug. :cry:

Hopefully, this is too obscure for them to catch.

If they do, I might try to argue that SGI is outta business.

I've snuck copyrighted images past cafepress.com before (apple logos, mac os logos) but after ordering one a few days later they shut me down.

EDIT: I take it back, I just tried to upload a pic of the SGI "family tree" to cafepress to make a poster, and within a whole 3 minutes of it sitting there, they "banned" it, saying I couldn't use it.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
pentium wrote:
I forget the name of the site but there is a place where you can make custom mousepads for $2.99 and so far they ahve not complained about me making some NeXT mousepads.

is this it?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16721380&p=7303948&hilit=next+mousepad#p7303948

added:
compuman86 wrote:
I just tried to upload a pic of the SGI "family tree" to cafepress to make a poster, and within a whole 3 minutes of it sitting there, they "banned" it, saying I couldn't use it.

I had my family tree poster made at kinkos. About 3 minutes from me handing the guy a flash drive with the pdf on it to him handing me the poster. The B+W print full size was about $7.

I find local places are the best to go for these sorts of things, that way they can see you are just making a fun project and not some big operation profiting off of counterfeit items.

sybrfreq wrote:
... not some big operation profiting off of counterfeit items.

Yeah, we got the exclusive on that, and don't you forget it !
vishnu wrote:
I've got one of those mugs, purple with the gold lettering and cube, it's one of my prize possessions. No logos on the back though, I'm pretty sure that's strictly a zack touch... :mrgreen:

though it is off topic a bit, I'd have to say my prized "SGI promo item" would be the mint in package 1 dozen of Silicon Graphics golf balls, as they seem to be rare and no trace anywhere! must've been exclusive to corporate maybe?

though it is off topic a bit, I'd have to say my prized "SGI promo item" would be the mint in package 1 dozen of Silicon Graphics golf balls, as they seem to be rare and no trace anywhere !

Got a photo ?
hamei wrote:
compuman86 wrote:
though it is off topic a bit, I'd have to say my prized "SGI promo item" would be the mint in package 1 dozen of Silicon Graphics golf balls, as they seem to be rare and no trace anywhere !

Got a photo ?

Not at the moment, I'll have to take one next time I have a spare minute

pentium wrote:
I forget the name of the site but there is a place where you can make custom mousepads for $2.99 and so far they ahve not complained about me making some NeXT mousepads.

is this it?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16721380&p=7303948&hilit=next+mousepad#p7303948

Yes, that was the place.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
What about cafepress? I've run off plenty of copyrighted logos on mugs from there.
The mug images in this thread seem to have vanished, but I'm interested in logo'd mugs. Very pleased to have a DEC Large Systems Group mug (PDP-10s) among mine. So I'm probably interested, though I'd like to see what they look like if they're ever produced.

I'd love to see a reissue/reproduction of the classic Crimson mug:

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:

Was that official SGI swag?

All Rights Reserved.
Seeing the Crimson mug is what got me started on my mug design.

I reloaded the pics btw.

Octane2 2x600 V12 8GB
- Octane2 600 V12 2GB - Octane 2x400 V10 2GB
O2 350 CRM 256MB - Indigo² 195 Max Impact 386MB - Indigo² 250 Extreme 386MB

"I'm totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because if you can, I'd love to see him try."
nekonoko wrote:

I see that 'red fever' is nothing new :lol:

Currently in commercial service: Image :Octane2: :Onyx2: (2x) :0300:
In the museum: almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
1: I love the Crimson mug. Now where the heck am I going to find one...
2: Love the reloaded design from Page 1. Surely there's someplace we can slip that through...