Hardware For Sale/Trade

Corey, I found your Octane!

Quit selling blood to pay for your Octane, I found one for you :lol:

Image Image

This is the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

This is what it looked like before the moron shipped it to irewoulfe wrapped in a blanket:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

This one will go for cheap! Could be a nice uprgade project :lol:

Now, looking at the sobbing story of poor irewoulfe (couldn't use his idonotselljunk alias on this one for obvious reasons) who tells us how he got robbed, I can't help but think:

- we're going to miss a "fully refurbished" MXI at $300 on ebay
- we're going to see 2 sleds for $25 a piece
- we're going to see 3 XIO fillers for $15 a piece
- we're going to see 384MB for $35
- I'm never going to buy from dph121
- irewoulfe/idonotselljunk will get his money back as insurance was required
shit thats bad, i love the psu handle and the rupture in the zinc/ally frame!!!
Ay dios mio ... Carrrrruuuumba !

This is a real testament to inferior packing, but it also shows how badly the shipper mistreats their cargo.

If this was wrapped securely with bubble wrap eight inches thick on all sides (as was the Octane2 I just received) or foam packed, the Octane would have survived the shippers inevitable 4 foot drops. Still it ticks me off when I see the condition the outer container is in when I receive a package, especially when it is emblazoned with "FRAGILE".
i've had an octane get to me that bad. very small box and a tiny bit of bubble wrap.

looked like it had been shipped by CATAPULT !!!

:(

i wish i'd taken pics at the time.
ubi dubium ibi libertas
my octane (not the last octane2) .. went packed NOT so well.. and the guy who was delivering.. was ROLLING the box until my office door... when i noticed that delivery was for me i was SCARED "oh no! the octane!!.. hey you damn idiot!!"....

at the end.. the octane had NO damages at all.
but i must adit.. i must had be really lucky.

that irewoulfe octane must be really bad shipped and really bad handled by the postage.. cause Octane are rock solid.. that one has been seriously damaged like its being thrown from the 4th floor..

damn that's bad.
----
:: jean-claude
:: mimgfx dot com
----
I had an O2 that came to me that way. It was packed in a box, no bubble wrap, and the idiot used newspaper as the filler material. Needless to say when I got the machine the case was literally in a million pieces. I got my money back from UPS since it was insured, and I got to keep the O2 also, which I found replacement skins for. When I emailed the jerk who shipped it about the way it was packaged, I was told "well, what do you think they use to wrap and ship china (plates) in" This person had no clue.
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Insurance??? ...UPS....

Now that's a contradiction of terms

If he does get reimbursed I wonder what year it will be and if he will recover the full purchase price or NOTTTTTTT. There's an old saying....just a little bit older than me :wink: that says: What goes around comes around" and another (that I live by) that says "Treat others as you would want to be treated)

FedEx is 100% better at paying an insurance claim in a timely manner or at all compared to UPS

I would much rather have FedEx over UPS any day

I wonder if UPS has changed their insurance payment policy (for the better) in the last few years??

Prejudiced....Me?? :oops:

Richard
Wow! I can't say that this would be the first time I've purchased a machine that was all banged up though! when I recieved my Blue/White PowerMac G3, one of it's handles was cracked. FedEX wanted to take the whole thing because at the time i was unable to make the handle come off (I later found the allenwrenches) so I never got the insurance money from it...

:grr:

Anyway, Shipping UPS on that octane is $80, quite-alot for something that I'm more likely to use as a chair or a piece of deco-art than a computer! :D

Seems like he's either lying about alot of the parts (dunno, could the mobo, proc and memory ALL have died in shipping?) of this auction... ahwell. I'll keep a'lookin' :P
I [heart] the Performer Town Demo
Richtom1 wrote: Insurance??? ...UPS....

Now that's a contradiction of terms

If he does get reimbursed I wonder what year it will be and if he will recover the full purchase price or NOTTTTTTT. There's an old saying....just a little bit older than me :wink: that says: What goes around comes around" and another (that I live by) that says "Treat others as you would want to be treated)

FedEx is 100% better at paying an insurance claim in a timely manner or at all compared to UPS

I would much rather have FedEx over UPS any day

I wonder if UPS has changed their insurance payment policy (for the better) in the last few years??

Prejudiced....Me?? :oops:

Richard

I can't stand any of these guys, being Fedex or UPS. They trash the boxes, don't give a shit, and charge a huge a lot.

A few years back, I was shipping an IRIX6.2 CD with UPS that got destroyed! The CD was in its case, wrapped in bubble wrap, and I used styrofoam as filler... 3 layers of protection before any harm could come to the CD. How do you destroy that? Not certain... But from that time, I have been shipping with USPS and have never, ever had an issue. Faster, cheaper and definitely cleaner delivery than Fedex & UPS.
kshuff wrote: I had an O2 that came to me that way. It was packed in a box, no bubble wrap, and the idiot used newspaper as the filler material.

I once received an O2 shipped in a meatball box (!) wrapped in newspaper. Fortunately only the tophat retaining clip broke. I was able to find it in the box and glue it back together.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Maybe sgiseller will buy this one :lol:
QuicksilverG4 wrote: Maybe sgiseller will buy this one :lol:

There's nothing in it for him! You can be certain that irewoulfe took off every single piece that had any monetary value. What's left is a pile of junk!
The only thing inside that might be of any use are the fans and the sysID battery...
So why is he even trying to sell this thing anyway? To make some kind of statement? No one's going to pay a cent for that let alone shipping.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: So why is he even trying to sell this thing anyway? To make some kind of statement? No one's going to pay a cent for that let alone shipping.

I think he's trashing the seller's reputation without entering in a negative feedback war... Works for me!
if i lived close enough to collect then i'd pay upto $10 for it,
it would be good to put light-up fans and neons inside it and use it as a cool mood-light!

i'd pull the IP30 though, neons in both sides so that the light shines out through the honycomb. :)