Hardware For Sale/Trade

For Sale SGI Tezro - Page 1

Have to leave Virginia, and this Tezro is something I'd otherwise have to take with me.

Would prefer to do pick up, will ship, but I'd rather not.

Decent skins,

4x 700MHz R16000
8GB RAM
2x 146GB 15k HDDs
Dmedia DM3 Card
V12/DCD
DVD drive

Make me a fair offer.
:fuel: 900MHz 4GB
You just got it too :(
:Octane2: Octane2 - (Algogulf) - R14K - 2x600MHZ - 2.5GB RAM - V12
:O2: O2 - (Mantadoc) - R5K - 200MHZ - 128MB RAM - 6.5.30 - Long Term Layup
:Octane: Octane - (Montrealais) - R12K - 2*360MHZ - 1024MB RAM - EMXI. - 6.5.30
Alphaserver DS10 - (Vandoc) - EV6 - 466MHZ - 256MB RAM
Sun Ultra 5 - (Quedoc) - UltraSparc II - 400MHZ - 512MB RAM
ASUS K55VD - (Mapleglen)- I5 - Dual Core 2.5GHZ - 8 GB RAM
Dell L502X - (Algorail) - I7 - Quad Core 2GHZ - 6 GB RAM
Yeah... I did. I have to make sacrifices, as one does when their life falls apart in their hands. I went from making $3000/month, having a nice car and a roof over my head to no income, no car and 30 days notice to leave my current residence.
Jees, that really sucks. (

Hope someone can give it a good home, and hope you get some much better luck in your life soon.
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30
yah, I still do not like you, Fox, btw, I understand, a few time ago it happened to me too, so let me say: good luck .
hey oh? Swimming pool & Racing bicycle.
I am terribly sorry to hear that. That's the kind of machine I would love to get my hands on, but alas I cannot currently make you an offer that I wouldn't find insulting for such a machine.
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
:Octane: :Octane: :O2:
I bet it's C++ related!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
uunix wrote: I bet it's C++ related!

:P
r-a-c.de
uunix wrote: I bet it's C++ related!

Not funny. Its not a time for me to have jokes like that because I've literally watched much of my life fall apart.
And you're still alive and you have a home to go to.. and now you have a bit of humour..

That said, I never like to see anyone fall on hard times unless they deserve it. So hopefully all will turn good in the end chap.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Rotten timing. About two weeks ago I might have made you an offer. But at this point I don't need two Tezros. I wouldn't mind the DM3, though, if you're willing to sell that separately? I don't know what a DM3 is worth, though.

May you recover from this setback quickly, and go on to an even better situation than before. Starting over can suck, but it can also be an opportunity. After all, "freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose".
Sorry to hear of the hard times. It will get better, and I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

10 years ago I watched my aerospace career and my hot rod shop fall away mostly due to the economy. In a 3 month period I went from 2 very good income streams to looking for work. Was the best thing that could have happened to me. I dumped two huge stress sources and really simplified my life.

You will overcome this as long as you don't lose it mentally. Sounds like you have a good woman standing by your side and an open road ahead of you.

That said,
If you can get the Tezro and Fuel boxed I will buy them back from you so you don't take huge losses on them. Good luck
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :O3x0: :A350:
So sorry to hear of the terrible situation you find yourself in. It may sound a bit stupid but having been a internet forum user for some years now, you feel a friendship towards people on your most frequented forums.. even though they may rarely ever converse with them.. simply knowing they exist, seeing their name crop up in numerous threads, and just to share a common interest is enough that when something bad happens to one of them, it really strikes a chord. So I was genuinely saddened to read you've fallen quite quickly on difficult times.

I really hope you manage to land back on your feet again real soon and you can continue to indulge in your hobbies again in no time. All the best.
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
Very sorry to hear of your unravelling sitch but seriously, you have to leave Virginia? What, court order? New job opportunity elsewhere? I would think a man of your prodigious skills and experience would practically have to pound the headhunters off with a club... :shock:

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the explitive in your development thread. [EDIT REDUX: Additional insolicitous comment redacted]. :P
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
LDR?
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
uunix wrote: LDR?

Long Distance Relationship
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
:Octane: :Octane: :O2:
armanox wrote:

Apparently the Kingdom is too small for such things as LDRs... :roll:
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote:
armanox wrote:

Apparently the Kingdom is too small for such things as LDRs... :roll:

If they don't live in the same village, it's LDR.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
uunix wrote: If they don't live in the same village, it's LDR.

Have been to the kingdom a few times, have seen the inter-village transport facilities and infrastructure, the phrase "donkey powered rickshahs" comes to mind, and so I concur with your sentiment. ;)
Project:
Plan:

vishnu wrote:
uunix wrote: If they don't live in the same village, it's LDR.

Have been to the kingdom a few times, have seen the inter-village transport facilities and infrastructure, the phrase "donkey powered rickshahs" comes to mind, and so I concur with your sentiment. ;)

"Donkey Powered Rickshahs".. Are you talking our classic noisy smelly red buses?
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!