Hardware For Sale/Trade

For Sale SGI Tezro - Page 2

buses on those narrow country lanes? won't get far with those...
"donkey powered rickshahs" - that's a new one to describe big black chelsea tractors indeed. ;)
Chelsea Tractors? Around here we call those things "compacts" :) I just fitted a new stereo in mine.

Don't worry, I also have my little mazda project car.

But we also live in a land of super-cheap, almost free, gasoline.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
My method of transport is a rusted-out '97 Nissan Maxima with 185,000 miles on it; got stopped by the local constabulary on Thursday morning so they could point out that my cracked windshield is an equipment violation, and she (the officer) marveled at the fact that my passenger seat was missing. I looked over at the blank spot and said "I don't get a lot of riders." She gave me a look like "why the F did I ever want to become a police officer anyway" but all she said was "have a nice day" as she handed my license back and turned to walk back to her Crown Vic... :mrgreen:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
You've beaten me. I'm currently driving a 2000 VW Bora with 138,000 miles on it. It's in surprisingly good nick actually. No rust, all passenger seats present, even the air-con still works.

I think if I ditched the passenger seat though the wife would definitely make me replace it :)
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other system in storage: :O2: R5000 200MHz, 224MB RAM, 72GB 15k HDD, PSU fan mod, IRIX 6.5.30
Update: Currently gotten a lot of interest, I am unable to hook the system up for HINV but I can provide any other info needed, photos could be possible but not very good due to poor lighting in the computer room.

Also, no PayPal, so if you're interested and not able to do cash, you need to be able to use Google Wallet ( better than PayPal, mind you )

I'm also not comfortable taking a loss below 30% of the value, because at that point its better for me to pack it up and take it with me.

Gotten a few nice offers, and I appreciate the support. Out of town until Tuesday.
:fuel: 900MHz 4GB
Trippynet wrote: You've beaten me. I'm currently driving a 2000 VW Bora with 138,000 miles on it. It's in surprisingly good nick actually. No rust, all passenger seats present, even the air-con still works.

My commute is 20 miles all freeway which, given the winters around here amounts to 40 miles a day through road-salt enfused mist, which no rust preventative can withstand. :cry:

Trippynet wrote: I think if I ditched the passenger seat though the wife would definitely make me replace it :)

A few years back my wife realized that divorce was a great career move with an excellent retirement plan. If she ever needs a ride anywhere she has to sit on the floor... :twisted:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote:
Trippynet wrote: You've beaten me. I'm currently driving a 2000 VW Bora with 138,000 miles on it. It's in surprisingly good nick actually. No rust, all passenger seats present, even the air-con still works.

My commute is 20 miles all freeway which, given the winters around here amounts to 40 miles a day through road-salt enfused mist, which no rust preventative can withstand. :cry:

Trippynet wrote: I think if I ditched the passenger seat though the wife would definitely make me replace it :)

A few years back my wife realized that divorce was a great career move with an excellent retirement plan. If she ever needs a ride anywhere she has to sit on the floor... :twisted:

What I wouldn't give for a 20 mile commute....I drive 36 miles to work. Cars are a 99 Mustang with 250,000 miles on it, and an 88 Mustang with 260,000 miles on it....
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
:Octane: :Octane: :O2:
I walk 1.5 miles to work. Hell, I sometimes drive it just because I can :)
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
vishnu wrote: My commute is 20 miles all freeway which, given the winters around here amounts to 40 miles a day.
Here ya go http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/m ... 60873.html - both rear wheels are under power so snow is doable - in Minneapolis or Murmansk. Save some money on gas and and have some fun while your at it (the ex will probably *never* ask for a ride, and you haven't lived until you've done a black-ice-induced 360 with a side hack).

vishnu wrote: A few years back my wife realized that divorce was a great career move with an excellent retirement plan.
If you can afford two payments you could upgrade to a newer model (but stayin' in test drive mode is a lot cheaper). :D
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
vishnu wrote: A few years back my wife realized that divorce was a great career move with an excellent retirement plan.

I get the impression that my wife is close to coming to the same conclusion. She's financially in a better position than I am, so I'm not sure how it'd work, but I'm sure the state will find a way!

Actually, this is a big reason why I'm hesitant to jump on TeamBlackFox's Tezro - if my wife pulls the cord on this thing, I'll be driving 3000 miles to the east coast. I'm already trying to figure out how to do that with my Onyx2 DS - more SGI kit is probably not a good idea until the situation stabilizes.

Friggin' women!
:Onyx2: :Indigo2: :O3x0: