Hardware For Sale/Trade

Swapped: SGI Octane2, Dual 600MHz, V12 with DCD

So I thought long and hard, and I got a Fuel I just finished building, so I'm selling my Octane2. I had a motherboard fail and take 2GB of RAM with it, struggled to find 512MB or 1GB modules, so yeah, I'm not interested in building it out anymore.

Specs:

2x R14000A 600MHz
256MB RAM ( only sticks I had on hand )
V12 with DCD
73GB 10k HDD, 18GB 15k HDD
DAT Drive
PCI cage ( Can include CADDuo card for free )

Its in good shape with nice skins.

Weight is about 70lbs. Price is $950, negotiable though. Shipping is from ZIP 23222

Entire collection up for sale :(
I'm guessing the power supply blew and took out a bunch of stuff with it?
:O2: O2 - (Mantadoc) - R5K - 200MHZ - 128MB RAM - 6.5.30
:Octane: Octane - (Montrealais) - R12K - 2*360MHZ - 1024MB RAM - EMXI. - 6.5.30
Alphaserver DS10 - (Vandoc) - EV6 - 466MHZ - 256MB RAM
Sun Ultra 5 - (Quedoc) - UltraSparc II - 400MHZ - 512MB RAM
ASUS K55VD - (Mapleglen)- I5 - Dual Core 2.5GHZ - 8 GB RAM
Dell L502X - (Algorail) - I7 - Quad Core 2GHZ - 6 GB RAM
No, the PSU is fine! The MB just died suddenly, spared the CPU, but killed itself and the RAM.
TeamBlackFox wrote: No, the PSU is fine! The MB just died suddenly, spared the CPU, but killed itself and the RAM.

Sorry, initially it looked like it was missing from the unit, but it is down there after all. ;)
:O2: O2 - (Mantadoc) - R5K - 200MHZ - 128MB RAM - 6.5.30
:Octane: Octane - (Montrealais) - R12K - 2*360MHZ - 1024MB RAM - EMXI. - 6.5.30
Alphaserver DS10 - (Vandoc) - EV6 - 466MHZ - 256MB RAM
Sun Ultra 5 - (Quedoc) - UltraSparc II - 400MHZ - 512MB RAM
ASUS K55VD - (Mapleglen)- I5 - Dual Core 2.5GHZ - 8 GB RAM
Dell L502X - (Algorail) - I7 - Quad Core 2GHZ - 6 GB RAM
TeamBlackFox wrote: V12 with DCD

I am interested in the DCD only.
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
> I am interested in the DCD only.

This is the second time I"ve had to explain to you how rude it is to ask someone to part out a complete system when they're selling it as a unit. I'm *NOT* parting this out, and you should take a hit from the way things are here.
TeamBlackFox wrote: This is the second time I"ve had to explain to you how rude it is to ask someone to part out a complete system when they're selling it as a uni

Hey ? take it easy, this is the first time i ask you something similar! Never asked you "to part out" anything before. And here i am not asking to part out a main part (like CPU, GFX, PSU), just an add-on (the DCD is not a main part). Last time i asked you to exchange (2) a cpu for an other, more specifically giving you an IP22/R5K@180Mhz fan-cool-less and receiving a fan-cooled. It was for a friend of mine, i wanted to give him a gift.

Also i do not think it's rude (1) "to ask", it's simply "a question".

To ask is lawful, to respond courtesy.

(1) with the meaning of "offensively impolite or ill-mannered"
(2) exchange, an act of giving one thing and receiving another
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
where's the problem guys? ivelegacy wanted to know if you'd also sell a specific part and you don't want to. sorted. as easy as that :-)
r-a-c.de
I want the power cord!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
uunix wrote: I want the power cord!

i am collecting UK power cords :lol:
(really, i do not know why Rigol always includes an UK power cord in my orders.
I can't use them. Italy plugs are different)
uunix wrote: I want the power cord!

Very funny. You at least are just joking.
I will swap you a Tezro for it.
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :Octane2: :O2+: :Fuel: :O3x0: :A350: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo:
Well Mopar made me an offer I couldn't pass up.
oh hey great swap!! Congrats and welcome to the Tezro club :)
gijoe77 wrote: oh hey great swap!! Congrats and welcome to the Tezro club :)

Indeed. Cannot wait until she arrives. I've already decided I'll call her Byakuren.
Colour me jealous on that one. I'd love to have a 2x600MHz Octane, almost as much as I would love a Tezro.
"Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought me mad."
:Octane: :Octane: :O2:
Don't get me started on power cables.
I'm in the U.K.
We've got a guy at our work doing tech support who collects euro power cables that come with new PC's.
Instead of throwing them away, he strips them down to copper and sells the copper to metal merchants.
Apparently if you give them the power cables you get less for them than for just the copper.
Image R14K 600Mhz, V10, 4Gb, 147Gb
Image Dual R14K 600Mhz, Odyssey V12, 2Gb, 72Gb
Image R12K 400Mhz, CRM-C, 1Gb, 72Gb
Image R10K 195Mhz, Max Impact/2/2/4, 320Mb, 147Gb
Image HP XW6600 Dual Quad Core 3Ghz, GTX970, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD
Dell 1950 III x 2, Dell 2950 III x 1
Couple of ZX Spectrums :-) One with DISCiPLE Interface
Nyebodnye wrote: Don't get me started on power cables.
I'm in the U.K.
We've got a guy at our work doing tech support who collects euro power cables that come with new PC's.
Instead of throwing them away, he strips them down to copper and sells the copper to metal merchants.
Apparently if you give them the power cables you get less for them than for just the copper.

I know the type very well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
uunix wrote: I know the type very well.

Yes, seems kind of cheesy. But otherwise those cables would most likely go into the dump, where the copper would be wasted. So it's actually a good thing for the world.

This doesn't happen much in China, since we have rag-and-bone pickers who scrounge through all the garbage looking for ten cents. US used to have that too but now y'all have expensive Federal and State programs instead. That's why California sales tax that used to be 4% is now 9%. You can support a lot of administrators and a few poor people with that 5% difference :D
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...