Hardware For Sale/Trade

eBay: Iris Crimson

:Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :O2: :O2+:

Octane2 2x600 V12 8GB
- Octane2 600 V12 2GB - Octane 2x400 V10 2GB
Indigo² 195 Max Impact 386MB - Indigo² 250 Extreme 386MB
O2 350 CRM 256MB - O2+ 400 CRM 512MB

"I'm totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room, with minimal staff, for up to three days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network eight Connection Machines and de-bug two million lines of code for what I bid this job? Because if you can, I'd love to see him try."
The product code is W6-CRIMEG , which according to my documentation means R4000 CPU, 16MB of low density RAM and Elan graphics.
Whether it's still complete, or maybe even upgraded, is anybody's guess.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
My Crimmy Elan is marked W6-4DCRIMEG

-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Hmm. I was thinking, if I ever saw a Jurassic Classic for cheap, I would get one. This doesn't look like one (didn't see the signature) and looks like rough shape, I will probably pass I think.
Stuff.
Looks nice...price seems abit steep though.
WolfLord - :4D70G: :Octane2:

"Two Minus Three Equals Negative Fun" - Troy McClure
Yeah, for a system that's probably only good for parts, $250 is a bit much.
ajerimez wrote: Yeah, for a system that's probably only good for parts, $250 is a bit much.

Same. That is unless I do the math and assume that the sleds are still worth $60 each, then we total up the four (two assembled and what looks to be two disassembled) sleds in this Crimson and we get four sleds for $240 and to boot a Crimson for $10. :)
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
pentium wrote:
ajerimez wrote: Yeah, for a system that's probably only good for parts, $250 is a bit much.

Same. That is unless I do the math and assume that the sleds are still worth $60 each, then we total up the four (two assembled and what looks to be two disassembled) sleds in this Crimson and we get four sleds for $240 and to boot a Crimson for $10. :)

Us Canadians wouldn't though. Freight shipping isn't exactly cheap...
Stuff.
That's right, double the $250 price tag to have that Crimson shipped across even just a few states. Last summer I looked into shipping costs to transport a Crimson from Ohio to New York, and the cheapest quote I got was over $400.

The seller would probably be better off dismantling the system and selling it as parts.
If it was a vgxt or reality engine I'd probably be more willing to pay the price. It's only a short drive for me anyway.
WolfLord - :4D70G: :Octane2:

"Two Minus Three Equals Negative Fun" - Troy McClure
What to do when your Crimson doesn't sell? Why, re-list it at nearly twice the price! That'll teach those stingy bidders for not buying it the first time!

(As an aside, I see this kind of behavior a lot lately. Are grade schools no longer teaching the basic laws of supply and demand?)
ajerimez wrote: What to do when your Crimson doesn't sell? Why, re-list it at nearly twice the price![/url] That'll teach those stingy bidders for not buying it the first time! (As an aside, I see this kind of behavior a lot lately. Are grade schools no longer teaching the basic laws of supply and demand?)
A guess might be that he found this thread and figured there might be some demand for Crimson parts.

That's the downside to blanket posts of SGI related eBay listings on nekochan. The seller couldn't pay for better SGI-centric exposure - and it lessens the odd chance that someone might get lucky and win an entry bid auction.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote: A guess might be that he found this thread and figured there might be some demand for Crimson parts.

That's certainly possible, but in that case, he should just strip down the machine and sell it in pieces. There was just as much demand for Crimson parts last week, and it didn't help the system sell for $250, so there's no reason to believe it will fetch $400 this time around.

EDIT: Especially in light of the fact that there's a similar Crimson on eBay with a sub-$100 opening bid and a $150 buy-it-now price. Who does the guy think he's kidding?
ajerimez wrote: What to do when your Crimson doesn't sell? Why, re-list it at nearly twice the price! That'll teach those stingy bidders for not buying it the first time!

(As an aside, I see this kind of behavior a lot lately. Are grade schools no longer teaching the basic laws of supply and demand?)

Playing devils advocate just to be as annoying as possible... Maybe its not economics but bad or twisted psychology. Their thinking might have been something like "Maybe increasing the price will make buyers think its getting more scarce so I better bid before it gets away" like vintage Rolls-Royces or something... Maybe there is a guide advocating this "raising the price will induces this scarcity mentality".. "Fleabay for the mentally deficient", "Millionaire by fleabay" or something.. I see similar price changes on fleabay AU.
死の神はりんごだけ食べる

開いた括弧は必ず閉じる -- あるプログラマー

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Twitter @PymbleSoftware
Current Apps (iOS) -> https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/pymb ... d553990081
(Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... +Ltd&hl=en
(Onyx2) Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
(0300s) Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
ajerimez wrote: (As an aside, I see this kind of behavior a lot lately. Are grade schools no longer teaching the basic laws of supply and demand?)

I probably mentioned it before someplace, but there was a guy on Craigslist locally that increased his asking price for a broken Apple Lisa by $50 or so every week, complete with a "firm" tag. The thing was on there for months and reached astronomical prices.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.