Hardware For Sale/Trade

HEADS UP: SGI hardware auction, L.A. 22nd SEPTEMBER 2009

Hi guys
The Pacific Title Digital auction is tomorrow, and theres quite a bit of SGI Origin hardware in the catalog.

I want to snag a couple of items from the auction; would someone help me get it shipped from Hollywood to London in return for a sum of money?

http://greatamerican.com/GAGAuction/Auc ... spx?Id=428
The brochure says "(2) SGI Silicon Graphics Tero Servers"

If that means "Tezro", there might be a catch there for someone. And should that someone pick up two Tezros real cheap, remember to send me one :D
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
Too bad we didn't know about this earlier, there's more than a few of us in SoCal who probably could have (or maybe still can?) figure something out.

There's a lot of good stuff in here. The PDF lists 7 x "SGI ATLIS 350", 6 x "SGI ORIGIN 350", a Tezro (spelled correctly!) and "SGI OMEDIA PRO", and some unspecified "SILICON GRAPHICS CPU'S" and a SILICON GRAPHICS SERVER. The non-SGI stuff looks nice too, lots of Herman Miller chairs, recent Macs, and all kinds of nice displays.

If you could change the post title to indicate that its tomorrow and in LA, maybe we could find some other interested folks.
:Octane: R12K/300x2, MXE
:1600SW: :ChallengeL:
Maybe we could do one big split?
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
pip wrote: Too bad we didn't know about this earlier, there's more than a few of us in SoCal who probably could have (or maybe still can?) figure something out.

There's a lot of good stuff in here. The PDF lists 7 x "SGI ATLIS 350", 6 x "SGI ORIGIN 350", a Tezro (spelled correctly!) and "SGI OMEDIA PRO", and some unspecified "SILICON GRAPHICS CPU'S" and a SILICON GRAPHICS SERVER. The non-SGI stuff looks nice too, lots of Herman Miller chairs, recent Macs, and all kinds of nice displays.

If you could change the post title to indicate that its tomorrow and in LA, maybe we could find some other interested folks.

Done. I think Pac Title also have/had some Onyx3000 machines too. And lots of SGI storage.
And a lot of FC storages...man I wish they go for cheap to lucky sgi lovers.
:Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Octane2:
Man, I wish I had a little more cash burning a hole in my pocket - but $500 just to get a paddle, I think I'll wuss out of this one.
:Onyx2: :Fuel: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O3x0:
bigD wrote: Man, I wish I had a little more cash burning a hole in my pocket - but $500 just to get a paddle, I think I'll wuss out of this one.

You get it back if you don't buy anything. That's just to keep out the riff-raff. It's a total pita for an auctioneer when people bid on things then don't bother to pick them up (or pay for them.) Part of the deal with an auction is to clean the place out. People who bid but don't pay means the next-highest bidder also doesn't pay, the stuff is left sitting there, the auctioneer is in deep doodoo, bad bad bad. So some auctioneers charge an entry fee to make sure that flaky bidders don't eff them up. Usually if you buy something expensive and they don't know you, they'll rush over right after the hammer falls and get the money, too. No money, then they re-bid it.

So go, bigD. And I'll be in for an Origin 350 if you can pick one up for less than $250 - 300.
If any of you guy are happened to be there today, can u please snatch Lot#395 TANGENT DEVICE 3-PC Audio/Video Panel as this does not normally comes up on ebay. Darn, wish I can live in state.

Can't register for webcast auction :cry: must live in state to do so. Does any nekomember from state can help me out?
modology wrote: Can't register for webcast auction :cry: must live in state to do so. Does any nekomember from state can help me out?

I registered, and I'm in England! I just got in touch with the contact at the top of the page (Heidi) and she's cool with me paying by electronic transfer. Can any Neko members go by the facility and pick up some small stuff I'm after? I'll of course cover costs etc.
fieldframe: can u check out the bid price for item 395?
So were there any great bargains to be had in the end ? I imagine sale prices wont be posted.