SGI: Hardware

Any experience with IPS SOG-capable displays ? - Page 2

recondas wrote:
recondas wrote:
vishnu wrote:
We should probably pull all that information together and create a step-by-step process for building custom VOFs and put it in the Wiki...

Post or PM your EDID info I'll build a format for you..... just in case the wiki article takes a while.

..... or plug your EDID info into this VFC source file template:

recondas that is becoming very close to a Wiki entry! :shock:

Works via DVI on Fuel, and DSUB on Octane,O2 and Indy.

Perhaps you should add it to the list on the wiki then?

Done.

Do you have any experience with HDMI -> DisplayPort adapters?
You'll actually need an active (HDMI|DVI) -> DP converter or a native DP source to get anything displayed on a DP input, at least I do with my Eizo S2243, as confirmed by both experiments and Eizo support. I've actually bought 2 of those devices (one Gefen and a Ligawo). Since there appears to be very little interest in those devices, if any are offered, used ones sell for ~20$ including shipping on eBay. So far, i've only tested the Ligawo with my Fuel, and it's working flawlessly.
I went with Dell U2410f, it arrived today, first impression is good, looks and feels way more sturdy and sophisticated than my benq.
Haven't tried with SGI yet.

EDIT, tried with Fuel, works like a charm, selected default 1920x1200_60p mode and everything looks good.

worked ok instead - it had different settings for front porch, back porch and other things I can't recall offhand.

Ian.

PS. To help with future forum searches, the HP LP2475W works very well, and I can second the Dell U2412M.