Nekochan Net

phpBB upgrade - notifications!

I don't know if the previous version had it - if it had, I never noticed - but by golly, those notifications are *sweet*. I've reactivated the "old" theme just because I'm 80 years old mentally and don't like change, but even then, plenty of small unintrusive improvements that make the forum experience a lot better.

Great job, nekonoko :)
while (!asleep()) sheep++;
I agree - great job, nekonoko.
Torfinn
You locked the last thread about it but yeah, thank you for the effort of upgrading the board AND retaining the classic forum theme if we preferred. The fact that the switch was so smooth was REALLY nice.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
pentium wrote: You locked the last thread about it but yeah, thank you for the effort of upgrading the board AND retaining the classic forum theme if we preferred. The fact that the switch was so smooth was REALLY nice.

Thanks! Yeah, I was a little pissed off at how the other thread was going. In retrospect, not my finest hour, but it was a long day (was up past 5AM).
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote: I was a little pissed off at how the other thread was going

not your fault anyway. the phpbb devs are responsible for whatever happens :-)
r-a-c.de
i'm more surprised that phpBB actually had an update! some slight modernization, at least on the frontend. wonder if it's the same ol' decade old php cruft inside though...
No SGIs here.
calvin wrote: wonder if it's the same ol' decade old php cruft inside though...

Probably. All that pointless garbage for a bunch of old dead operating systems, yuck :(
hamei wrote:
calvin wrote: wonder if it's the same ol' decade old php cruft inside though...

Probably. All that pointless garbage for a bunch of old dead operating systems, yuck :(

Hamei using irony? My god, the sky must be falling :lol:
while (!asleep()) sheep++;
i for one love old insecure PHP!
No SGIs here.
calvin wrote: i for one love old insecure PHP!

Oh damn, that reminds me ... I forgot to check under the bed for Communists last night :(
hamei wrote: Oh damn, that reminds me ... I forgot to check under the bed for Communists last night :(
I thought getting *in* bed with the communists was supposed to be the really scary part.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote: I thought getting *in* bed with the communists was supposed to be the really scary part.

No problem. Once you take off the clothes and tape up their mouth, you can't tell a commy from your garden-variety Goldwater Republican :D
hamei wrote: No problem. Once you take off the clothes and tape up their mouth, you can't tell a commy from your garden-variety Goldwater Republican :D

Another wild night in the monastery there, eh buckaroo? :mrgreen:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: Another wild night in the monastery there, eh buckaroo? :mrgreen:

Did you know that in the middle ages monasteries and their attached nunneries were hotbeds of licentious behavior ? :shock: :shock:
hamei wrote:
vishnu wrote: Another wild night in the monastery there, eh buckaroo? :mrgreen:

Did you know that in the middle ages monasteries and their attached nunneries were hotbeds of licentious behavior ? :shock: :shock:

Indeed; the catholic church in particular didn't ban marriage or require celebacy until the 11th century, in particular to prevent the clergy from looting the church coffers to enrich their families... :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2: