Nekochan Net

favicon.ico - Page 1

Okay, here's one to add to the "picky, picky" file. While it seems that http://www.nekochan.net does have a favicon.ico file, it's somewhat plain and seemingly unrelated to the content of the site. Perhaps an icon of an O2/Octane or an anime character would be more visually appealing and appropriate?

Also, I usually bookmark this site as forums.nekochan.net, since that's where I spend 99% of my time. There is no favicon.ico file for the forums at all, so the bookmark gets the default blank page icon. Can an icon be added to the forums section?

This is obviously a very minor issue, but my most of my Firefox bookmarks have pretty little icons next to them, and I sure wish Nekochan were the same! This site is already very well-designed and visually appealing, so these suggestions are just a little icing on the cake.

As an example, here's a 16x16 hypercube logo.
While I was at it, I also rigged up a 32x32 hypercube icon. Not sure if these would make good favicons though, because they don't really stand out against a gray menu background color.
ajerimez wrote:
As an example, here's a 16x16 hypercube logo.

Can't use that on the site - SGI sent out cease and desist orders to SGI fan sites forbidding the use of their hypercube logo:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1085

All Rights Reserved.
Well, since someone else brought it up, I had been wanted an icon too. I was thinking a N for Nekochan, similar to B for blogger or T for another site I spend too much time on.

Although it looks like something showed up in my bookmark bar.

:O3000: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: <--challenge S
japes wrote:
Although it looks like something showed up in my bookmark bar.

Yeah, I just copied the icon from the main site into the phpbb directory. I don't really have the time/inclination to come up with something new - if someone wants to give it a shot though, that's fine. No SGI hypercubes though :)

All Rights Reserved.
Here's your cat girl... afraid it's not very legible at 16x16 though.
Hmm, maybe the red-haired version would offer better contrast; that one just looks like a blob of yellow at 16 x 16 :)

Here's a PNG if you want to play with it some:

All Rights Reserved.
i always just type the url in. isn't that what's it's for?

Boy, it's tough to find a pic of anything that doesn't look like an indiscriminate blob when reduced to 16x16. Might have to cook up something by hand.

Exactly - that's why I gave on it years ago ;)

All Rights Reserved.
We still have a rather large database of system icon that someone made. Why don't we all mess around in a pixel editor and see what we can make?

EDIT: also, it looks like this for me and I never really cared.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Nekochan favicon design competition? :D
Okay, it's been a while, but how about this? It's basically the "n" from the "IRIS|Crimson" logo. It's not exactly mind-blowingly awesome, but I think it's an improvement on the current icon. There should be no copyright or trademark issues - you definitely won't be hearing from SGI on this one.

Attachment:
favicon.zip [207 Bytes]
Downloaded 5 times

EDIT: Here's a version that's the "n" from the "ONYX" logo. Not sure if either of these would float your boat, but just thought it was worth a shot.

Attachment:
nekochan2.zip [516 Bytes]
Downloaded 4 times

EDIT 2: Okay, here's one last version, this one is the "n" from the "INDY" logo (basically the same as the prior icon, with a different color scheme. This might be the best of the bunch - the colors match this site's scheme pretty well.

Attachment:
nekochan3.zip [615 Bytes]
Downloaded 6 times

EDIT 3: As you can tell by now, I've got some time on my hands. Here's one LAST version of an "N" which I made up to look like a 4DWM widget.

Attachment:
nekochan4.zip [254 Bytes]
Downloaded 8 times
A new one would be nice but isn't the current one a shrunken reminder of the older graphic - the neko girl swinging a sword horizontally ? That was a pretty nice design as well. Or I liked it, anyway.

Disclaimer : IANAA :D
Love the new site icon, Neko!

Just noticed the new icon :) It's nice, sort of reminds me of the Netscape N.

All Rights Reserved.
I'm still getting the spider thingy with the arrow through it :?:

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :0300: :Indy: :Indy: :320: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Same story here.

Emachines PC 3.0GHz Dual Core (Intel)
Custom Built Ubuntu PC 1.207GHz (AMD)
Mac G4 1.25GHz
You guys might need to clear your cache(s).