HP/DEC/Compaq

tru64 packages - Page 4

foetz, I'm missing the termcap files for the screen binary you compiled, can I simply use the ones from a linux system?
:Onyx2:
i'd guess so. just give it a try :-)
r-a-c.de
actually, termcap and, most importantly, terminfo.
"Cannot find terminfo entry for 'screen'." when TERM=screen
no clue. just compile it again, should go through without hassle
r-a-c.de
actually x11vnc works great for me in the end; it's not the fastest but it does the job.
  • lynx_288r2.tar.bz2
  • links_212.bz2
  • rsync_311.bz2
  • emacs_223.tar.bz2

i also tried perl 5.22. it took quite a while and then there was some error. i didn't have time left to check it but tru64 does come with quite a useable perl already so it shouldn't be tragedy :P
rsync and links are just the binaries because that's all there is.
emacs 22.3 is the last version with osf support.
r-a-c.de
This is great, many thanks.
mia wrote: actually x11vnc works great for me in the end; it's not the fastest but it does the job.

Do you have a binary? Or did it require anything special to build?
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Straight from the source, no change; works great.
It did require libjpeg and zlib; which compiled without issue either.
Ideally you should probably just do a static anyway; easier to deal with perhaps.
foetz, can you tell me how you're making packages once you have $something compiled?
mia wrote: foetz, can you tell me how you're making packages once you have $something compiled?

unfortunately that's a bit clumsy on tru64. first you have to understand how the setld kits are "designed"
http://www.frascati.enea.it/documentati ... /TITLE.HTM
r-a-c.de