HP/DEC/Compaq

tru64 packages - Page 2

I'll look at implementing a va_copy function then when I go to do it.
:fuel: 900MHz 4GB
Welcome to the Alpha owners club. :P
:O2: O2 - (Mantadoc) - R5K - 200MHZ - 128MB RAM - 6.5.30
:Octane: Octane - (Montrealais) - R12K - 2*360MHZ - 1024MB RAM - EMXI. - 6.5.30
Alphaserver DS10 - (Vandoc) - EV6 - 466MHZ - 256MB RAM
Sun Ultra 5 - (Quedoc) - UltraSparc II - 400MHZ - 512MB RAM
ASUS K55VD - (Mapleglen)- I5 - Dual Core 2.5GHZ - 8 GB RAM
Dell L502X - (Algorail) - I7 - Quad Core 2GHZ - 6 GB RAM
TeamBlackFox wrote: I'll look at implementing a va_copy function then when I go to do it.

sure, a va_copy substitute would come in handy in some situations
r-a-c.de
  • nedit_56a.bz2
r-a-c.de
  • libev_420.tar.bz2
  • libevent_2022.tar.bz2

libevent with ssl support
r-a-c.de
many thanks, could you do bash, bzip2, gnu tar, vim and gcc+gmake?
:Onyx2:
mia wrote: many thanks, could you do bash, bzip2, gnu tar, vim and gcc+gmake?

the essentials package has gmake and bzip2. not sure right now about gtar. vim i can try next time but i'm not gonna touch bash or gcc :D
essentials also has tcsh tho and i have zsh
r-a-c.de
gcc wont be easy, are you compiling everything with ccc?
mia wrote: are you compiling everything with ccc?

of course, native or nothing :D

EDIT: well not completely true :P i did use gcc for some of my irix packages but then i always add -gcc to the name
r-a-c.de
  • jansson_27.tar.bz2
  • shred.bz2
  • vim_74.tar.bz2

jansson is a json lib and the additional gvim is the motif version.
i don't know how well shred works with advfs but it's useful in many ways anyway.
r-a-c.de
thanks!
you're welcome :-)
btw in case you haven't spotted it already, i do have gtar. just have a look in my tru64 dir linked in the first post
r-a-c.de
thanks, I had not noticed, I curl'd it.
Would sudo be a reasonable request; there are a few binaries around, but I'm not certain they are trustworthy.
sure, will give it a try ...

EDIT: okay this was a bust. configure options ignored, obviously never tested it on a real 64bit system and likely not on anything else but glibc/gcc. when i hit an unresolved symbol while linking nothing but sudo's own objects i trashed it :twisted:
if i may ask, you're looking for bash, gcc, sudo, gnutar ... why do you wanna run tru64? :P i mean you obviously wanna simulate linux so why not going for that in the first place?
r-a-c.de
The versions of openssl+openssh you have ported are relatively old, is it because the new ones didin't compile?
I have a project that runs on tru64, we can talk about this offline if you want.
mia wrote: The versions of openssl+openssh you have ported are relatively old, is it because the new ones didin't compile?

well the openssl was released 2 weeks before i built it. not that old i'd say :P
as for ssh, that's indeed older but if you don't use pam or x11 there's no remote hole. might be time for an update tho
r-a-c.de
openssl: oh right, I didn't know the 0.9 branch was still supported.
openssh: please do.
openssl 1.x was quite a roller coaster so far. a lot of nasty stuff since its release as well as several incompatibilities. at the time i built the first bunch of osf packages it hadn't reached a serious state yet so i held on to 0.98 for the time being.
having 2 versions of the same lib is a tricky endeavour as you know so for now it's probably best to keep an 1.x version outside of the usual dirs under /usr/local ... will try a few combinations to see what works best in practice
r-a-c.de
I've stuck with 0.9.8zzzzzzalphapluralalphawhateverthefrickitisatnow for that reason.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
mirror added. first post has the details
r-a-c.de