SGI: Computer Graphics

Ayam 1.16 - Page 2

Thank you!
Very nice, I'll try it once I have my Octane working again. Nice to see recent apps for the IRIX platform. Thanks!

Octane / Dual Head

http://twitter.com/GeekTronixShop
Hi,
I work at the University of Sherbrooke (Canada) and I have found someone with an old Softimage 3.8 CD. Since I have a O2, I was really curious to see how Softimage runs on Irix. Unfortunatly, it is an old CD and while installing it, I have a corrupted file.

This is a test:
Code:
bash-2.05a$ uncompress Minerva.tar.Z
Minerva.tar.Z: corrupt data, unable to decompress
bash-2.05a$

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I TOTALLY understand the Nekochan goals is not to encourage piracy. I just want to know if anyone have the same version installation CD and could send me this file, not the whole software.

Thanks! and if this post is against any rule, I understand it can be deleted.

I understand it can be deleted.

Counting down.....
What exactly is Minerva? I'm not a SI|3D person, but it sure sounds like it might be a sample/example/demo type file, and SI might run just fine without it.

There are those who say I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. To them I reply: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
Looks like it contains a whole bunch of .hrc and .cus command files and plug-ins for modeling - definitely necessary for a working SI3D installation. It's 26MB.

To the OP: does your O2 really get you attention from women? The girls that have seen mine have been pretty indifferent toward it.
SAQ wrote:
What exactly is Minerva? I'm not a SI|3D person, but it sure sounds like it might be a sample/example/demo type file, and SI might run just fine without it.

Don't know the content, but it is needed for the Base installation.

ajerimez wrote:
To the OP: does your O2 really get you attention from women? The girls that have seen mine have been pretty indifferent toward it.

When I brought home my O2, I talked to 3-4 girls from my office to my car in the parking lot. They were all like:"wow, what is this? is it a computer? it is so cute!" Seriously, I create the same effect on chicks when I'm shopping with my 3 month old baby girl.

When I brought home my O2, I talked to 3-4 girls from my office to my car in the parking lot..

Really??? When i brought home my O2k, people were fleeing the streets in fear that the poor toyota echo would lose brakes.

I have to admit thought, that an O2k is not that cute, being somewhat a metallic cube 2 to 3 times the size of the car engine... Not much "wow factor".

Amiga A1200 starting to work on this one.
henrycault wrote:
Bill622 wrote:
When I brought home my O2, I talked to 3-4 girls from my office to my car in the parking lot..

Really??? When i brought home my O2k, people were fleeing the streets in fear that the poor toyota echo would lose brakes.

I guess Canadian chicks are more opened mind :lol:

I have to admit thought, that an O2k is not that cute

borat wrote:
I get iPod, he only get iPod Mini. Everybody know it for girls.

"The Barbecue Ghost and Fernando Torres are friends."
did you try to copy the cd to disk first? sometimes it's just a read error although the cd is fine

Yup, I tried that, same result. Actually, the CD is in bad shape, it take a while to copy its content and I often hear a "repetition" noise from the drive. You know, when the drive tries and tries to read something... the corruption seams to be only on this file.

I get iPod, he only get iPod Mini. Everybody know it for girls.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love my ipod.

Amiga A1200 starting to work on this one.