Everything Else

Woot! 100k Seti units! - Page 2

subedai wrote: 10-15 years of seti@home - cant be that much sky left :P

Yeah, but the seti@home workunits only contain a sample of a particular star or cluster, at a particular moment in time (time of recording)...

Even if we would have searched all of the bandwidth a hundred times already, we could still have missed it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 100% in favor of projects like this, I'm just being realistic.

<Glock goes off to check if all his boxen have a steady flow of WU's>
Any idea what this error is? Everything running fine then I restarted and get this???

GUI RPC bind failed -1
GUI RPC bind failed -1
gstate.init() failed -180

Thanks
JR
I'm still running the classic seti on my O2, but I'm wondering, are they still making use of this data, or has everything changed over to BOINC?
Man is the only animal smart enough to build the Empire State Building, and the only one stupid enough to jump off it.
Spidy wrote: I'm still running the classic seti on my O2, but I'm wondering, are they still making use of this data, or has everything changed over to BOINC?

How can you still be running classic? Didn't they shut the servers off a month or two ago and switch everything to boinc?
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
How can you still be running classic? Didn't they shut the servers off a month or two ago and switch everything to boinc?

That's why I asked the question. I'm only about 57% of the wat rhrough a work unit, and I only run seti at night, so I've probably got 2 or 3 more nights before it tries to send the complete work unit back to base - so to speak.

So, if it goes through and downloads another work unit, all is well. If not, then I'll let everybody know.

BTW. I couldn't remember my old seti password, so I created a new account on my windows machine. Now, I can logg into both acounts! The old one logs me straight in on IRIX, and the new one on the windows box. So, at least my old account is still there.
Man is the only animal smart enough to build the Empire State Building, and the only one stupid enough to jump off it.

Well, looks like you were right. I completed the work unit, seti daemon then tried to send the data to the server, kept ketting "unable to send to server, trying again in an hour" message.
seti@home_enhanced has been released now. My PowerMac G5 is crunching for it using setiathome_enhanced_5.12. Unfortunately there isn't any client for Irix until now.
It seems, as if Team Nekochan will have to stop the work. :?
hey everyone, just a few words re: seti

So I just started seti back up after a long time away(some thousands of classic hours though), and it's running on a few of my computers. I joined team nekochan, so you've probably seen me.

Anyway, the numbers will probably drop again in a few weeks, the big machines are coming home so they won't be getting free juice from the school anymore. May curtail their activity a little. Looking at my stats, it's interesting to note that the Xeon at 3.06Ghz, splitting it's time 50/50 between seti and sdzg, is just about neck-and-neck with the ip27 4x250mhz. I might run the origin with all its 8-procs against the xeon at 100%, if they're equal that's pretty funny.

Crunch on!
Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.
-R. Buckminster Fuller
epitaxial bandgap wrote: hey everyone, just a few words re: seti

Crunch on!

Without a client for seti@home_enhanced ? :?:
well, I doubt they will stop distributing work for the normal boinc seti for some time yet. In the meantime, many people are working on porting enhanced to different platforms, the source tarballs are available. there's always room for help!
Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.

-R. Buckminster Fuller