Everything Else

hamei 's departure - Page 2

hamei wrote: okay, gottit

Welcome back ! 8-)
:Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :O2:
Hmmm. Well, back or not, I'm glad sky and dexter are around again - and down the road who knows... <relurk>
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
ivelegacy wrote:
ivelegacy wrote: ( emm, I am touching for good luck )

emmm, and many superstitious beliefs and practices are connected with sneezing :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
so my handkerchief said (like an oracle) there is no hamei's departure, just a common cold :lol:

Norman, coordinate...
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
The hell? I come back and see this? Looks like stuff has changed in the past two years.
-- I'm a PeeCee and I can kick your ass . --
Slow PeeCee - i7 940 OC 4.1GHz, 20GB DDR3 OC 1.8GHz, 2x1TB WD RAID0, ATI 5870 1GB, 3008WFP
Dev PeeCee - IBM Intellistation A Pro - Dual Opteron 290 2.8GHz, 8GB ECC DDR, 500GB SATA, 8400GS, 2x1800FP
Slow PeeCee Cluster - 30x Opteron 275, 60.5GB RAM, 2.2TB, 2x1.5TB
Octane 2xR12K-300, 1.5GB, 36GB 10K, 73GB 10K, V8
Indigo2 195MHz, 1GB, 36GB, SI

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand Ternary. Those who don't. Those who could give a shit less.
No, nothing really has changed. Hamei has been mostly in write-only mode, and eventually caused a moderator fuse to blow. Nothing surprising, really.
:Indigo: R4000 :Indigo: R4000 :Indigo: R4000 :Indigo2: R4400 :Indigo2IMP: R4400 :Indigo2: R8000 :Indigo2IMP: R10000 :Indy: R4000PC :Indy: R4000SC :Indy: R4600 :Indy: R5000SC :O2: R5000 :O2: RM7000 :Octane: 2xR10000 :Octane: R12000 :O200: 2xR12000 :O200: - :O200: 2x2xR10000 :Fuel: R16000 :O3x0: 4xR16000 :A350:
among more than 150 machines : Apollo, Data General, Digital, HP, IBM, MIPS before SGI , Motorola, NeXT, SGI, Solbourne, Sun...
miod wrote: No, nothing really has changed. Hamei has been mostly in write-only mode, and eventually caused a moderator fuse to blow. Nothing surprising, really.

Then a lot has changed. We were cohesive back in the day (circa 2006).
-- I'm a PeeCee and I can kick your ass . --
Slow PeeCee - i7 940 OC 4.1GHz, 20GB DDR3 OC 1.8GHz, 2x1TB WD RAID0, ATI 5870 1GB, 3008WFP
Dev PeeCee - IBM Intellistation A Pro - Dual Opteron 290 2.8GHz, 8GB ECC DDR, 500GB SATA, 8400GS, 2x1800FP
Slow PeeCee Cluster - 30x Opteron 275, 60.5GB RAM, 2.2TB, 2x1.5TB
Octane 2xR12K-300, 1.5GB, 36GB 10K, 73GB 10K, V8
Indigo2 195MHz, 1GB, 36GB, SI

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
Those who understand Ternary. Those who don't. Those who could give a shit less.
Basically, hamei popped the cherry of the wrong basement-wanker, who happened to have a green name.

hamei wrote: But I refuse to be treated like a two-year-old by a guy who wandered off for five years to play an online cartoon show.

And if we are not big enough to discuss world-changing events without thread locking, then this is not the right place for me anyhow.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
A vacation from hamie is a great idea.
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596
It was a "last straw" situation, very regretable... :|
Project:
Plan:

Vishnu, I respectfully disagree. Hamie was pulling the last straw nearly every post. Right at the top of nearly every page it says "NO POLITICS PLEASE". Hamie was practically nothing BUT politics - and not well reasoned politics, but frothy rabid politics. He made Trump look like a moderate. I took a Hamei vacation for a couple of years, and returned just before this happened - and to me nothing has changed in the way that Hamei posts and agitates the crowd.

If he confined himself to technical matters and contributing software, it would be a completely different situation. However, he would interject China vs US politics into many threads that had nothing to do with politics.

The worst thing than putting up with Hamei in the first place, is posting memorial threads about him afterward - especially when you can tell he's still lurking; there is no 'last visit' entry in his profile, which indicates he's masking his logins. This is just another 'play the crowd' ploy for him, sowing dissension, and enjoying with all the agitation he's stirring up.

I suggest locking these threads - they will come to no good, and hurt feelings all around.

DECUS Member 368596
And I think that was very disrespectful of our moderators @guardian452. Without them, we wouldn't have a board at all.

DECUS Member 368596
Ahh, that same old cycle. I've seen numerous forums torn apart over one moderator decision. Mod makes a decision to lock a thread, some people disagree (vocally), someone flounces, supporters of the flouncee have a further moan, the mod in question (who of course is a volunteer trying to do his or her best) takes offense at the barrage of criticism and reacts, and one we go with the mess.

Let's not have this here. Discussing the issue calmly in the aftermath (as vishnu did) is fine. But please let's keep things civil everyone!
Systems in use:
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 100Mb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, 1Gb/s NIC, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
With respect to the forum Terms of Service, I always thought that "no politics please" was more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule. I also think that if a thread doesn't violate the TOS then the thread should not be locked just because a single post within the thread goes "too far." The mods have the ability to delete individual posts. Anyway, my opinions might change but not the fact that I'm right... :lol:
Project:
Plan:

Not so along there was a long discussion on the Scottish Referendum. This wasn't pulled, so I think the political policy is a bit of a white wash here. The difference was though, that discussion was mature, polite and factually (as much as it could be considering we were discussing future events) correct. Now I love the guy [Hamei] but sometimes he comes across sooooo wrong, like he's on some super angry drugs, and at the wrong time with zero thought for individuals living in different areas of the world. What he says may be correct( at times), but he's like a Tyrannosaurus at a Convention for Vegetarians at times.

Also, can I just point out - this was not a post in homage for Hamei, but it was certainly quiet for a few days after he announced his departure.

I would suggest this thread is frozen, deleted and sent with the plans to the death star.. never to re-appear again.. We don't want some faction war here after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
@vishnu, within the confines of the limited scope of this single thread; yeah you're right there's no need to the lock thread for one wayward post. My point, is all the lockeding all the goodbye hamie threads. He had a long term repeated violation of this rule concerning the politics of China vs America across the years of posts. Being a member of many years, I'm sure you read some of them. I thought they were a joke at first, but after a series of PM's with him over the years, it became obvious he believes deeply in this. Are you party to this? Is anyone? Do you throw a party for the office racist? I won't.

So:
1) the 'politics' reference refers to the some total of posts he's made over the years. This last derogatory posts are just the tip of the ice-burg.
2) The lock refers to all the 'goodbye hamie', and 'please stay hamie' threads, which are silly because he's not really gone, he's been skimming the board with his presence masked, just to watch to term termoil he's causing.
3) clearly, the mods can do whatever they like to do, I only suggested one course of action based on over 10+ years of reading his put downs, and white washing.
4) of course, the easiest thing do do in the face of his supports on of his posts.
Hamie:
Since this forum is apparently restricted to twelve-year-olds, it must be time to leave. I'm too old to restrict my discussion to what to wear to the school dance while the world is burning down. I wish you a happy Thanksgiving at the children's table.

and you can all decide for yourself again - he clearly meant the for very whole of us.

I left my several year after he ruined one of my thread with his China rant, and it wasn't obvious how different his is from all the rest of you until I took thhe leave of absense. I though he was one of my friends up until thread point, but I diidn't realize how wrong I was until after a stepped back all looked at all that went on. You can choose to put up with him - it's your board too - but I won't; the second he's back I'n gone - not that that matters. He not worth my time.

DECUS Member 368596
@skywriter.. how about we all stop posting in this thread and we can let it die..
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
@uunix, fine by me as long there is no repeat of @gardian452's post; an apology to the offended party is is still in order.

DECUS Member 368596
I've requested it closed/deleted/nuked..
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
Thank you

DECUS Member 368596
It's up to gardian452 if he apologises.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!