Everything Else

About that Jurassic World thing... - Page 1

So a preview for a movie trailer (this is already raising flags for me) came out . It's about 10 seconds long. Most of the scenes were okay, then there's THIS.

Yeah, sure, MovieOS is the future and everything has to feel high-tech and stuff but COME ON. At least show a little realism. Even the old one looks a bit more realistic than monkeys using touchscreens in a blue themed.....eugh.

Anyways, that's my rant for the year. Back to you hamei. ;)
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Monkeys using touchscreens. You mean these guys?

--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
Ahahahaha. I completely forgot about that.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Touch screens and MovieOS are the real world now, Pentium :-)
--
:Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Fuel: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
Please, don't say such terrible things in front of my innocent 90's ears. Just put me in a time machine so I can go to 1990 and we can talk about this again in 24 years before you put me in a time machine so I can go to 1990 and we can talk about this again in 24 years before you put me in a so I can go to 1990 and we can talk about this again in 24 years before you put me in a....

Once you've seen it, you can never unsee it...
http://theabyssgazes.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -stop.html

@sgifanatic: what movie is that? LOL, my arm is sore already...
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.
guardian452 wrote: Once you've seen it, you can never unsee it...
http://theabyssgazes.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -stop.html

@sgifanatic: what movie is that? LOL, my arm is sore already...

That, Sir, is not a movie. That is the Fox News news floor. All the fair and balanced stories originate from those giant touch screens.
--
Oh, I try to avoid the news. It's too depressing. Besides, I don't have any TV service (cable, satellite, antenna, etc).

Normally, I only get to spend a few hours a week watching TV (either streaming through tunnelr, bittorrent+rss, netflix, etc) and that's if I'm lucky. I'm not going to waste my TV time on news.
guardian452 wrote: Oh, I try to avoid the news. It's too depressing. Besides, I don't have any TV service (cable, satellite, antenna, etc).

We're 100% Netflix and Amazon video now, with the odd torrent. We do have cable TV, but never watch it for the reasons you cited; depressing and idiotic.

I used to be a news junkie but have done a reasonable job of de-linking myself to quite a degree from the happenings in the world. I am getting to the age where I realize I cannot change anything outside of my immediate sphere of influence (if there!) And while I am aware of the suffering in the world, the constant assault of negativity, paid-for by insurance and drug ads, serves only to cause despair. Not worth it.
--
Part of me was hoping there would be a scene in the new movie where they go to the original building and have the original computers, including a big Crimson, etc. Pretty unlikely though.
:Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
The trailer is out.

It does respect the books a fair amount apparently but the plot feels kind of flimsy.

Wait, how and the heck does this respect the books? Having read all of them I can tell you that nothing in that movie seems legit from a canon point of view.

Regardless I will see it, just for dinosaurs eating humans. 8-)
sgifanatic wrote: That is the Fox News news floor. All the fair and balanced stories originate from those giant touch screens.

But where do they get such big kindergarteners to play patty-cake all day ?
two girls for every boy ...
One of the requirements for movieOS is of course a monochromatic screen...

Fyi: Kvaser Canking with Woodward's Mototune in background, in vmware fusion with f.lux running for good measure. I actually use this setup regularly especially now that the daylight hours are scarce, it matches our dashboard lighting at night.

A LOT of people ask what program is that, what kind of computer is that, etc, etc when they see f.lux working in darkroom mode..
Reminds me of Temple OS .

I won't post the animated screenshots here because they're a couple of MB each, but you've got to see this.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
hamei wrote:
sgifanatic wrote: That is the Fox News news floor. All the fair and balanced stories originate from those giant touch screens.

But where do they get such big kindergarteners to play patty-cake all day ?

I've just heard rumors, so I may be off, but apparently, mostly Alabama and Mississippi.
--
Sorry, might be too old-fashioned - but what's the deal with yet another Jurassic-theme movie? Sure, I'd seen the previous three [the first one was really exciting] but nowadays I feel the concept has worn out long ago. I'm a Michael Crichton fan - having read almost all of his books, even the terribly weak ones - but I can't see how anything new could be culled out of his Jurassic canon at all. Yes, new people try to put together a fresh script - but how their fabrication will work remains to be determined...And: Jeff Blum - for me the most enjoyable actor of the trilogy - is apparently not casted anymore. :(

Prediction: the film will flop at box-offices...
Curious: the first recorded successful pregnancy brought forth a murderer...
Oskar45 wrote: Sorry, might be too old-fashioned - but what's the deal with yet another Jurassic-theme movie? Sure, I'd seen the previous three [the first one was really exciting] but nowadays I feel the concept has worn out long ago. I'm a Michael Crichton fan - having read almost all of his books, even the terribly weak ones - but I can't see how anything new could be culled out of his Jurassic canon at all. Yes, new people try to put together a fresh script - but how their fabrication will work remains to be determined...And: Jeff Blum - for me the most enjoyable actor of the trilogy - is apparently not casted anymore. :(

Prediction: the film will flop at box-offices...

My little boy - dino buff as he is - can't wait for it. This might be a bit in the vein of the Disney "re-release" cycle... most of the kids have seen the old movies. Now they get to see something that they can call their own, so to speak. It might still flop, but they'll be getting our money for sure.
--
sgifanatic wrote: I've just heard rumors, so I may be off, but apparently, mostly Alabama and Mississippi.

That made me laugh out loud :D

But then I read about the Bay Bridge or try to charge my new N900 which was designed so that you can't charge the battery if it is low !! Now that was a real winner.

I have come to the conclusion that the supposedly-intelligent people of the US should be up there playing patty-cake with the Alabamians. At least the toothless inbred backwoods cousin-marryin' hillbillies don't put on airs.
if they were right I'd agree, but it's them they know not me ...
hamei wrote:
sgifanatic wrote: I've just heard rumors, so I may be off, but apparently, mostly Alabama and Mississippi.

That made me laugh out loud :D

But then I read about the Bay Bridge or try to charge my new N900 which was designed so that you can't charge the battery if it is low !! Now that was a real winner.

Look, haven't you learned anything at all from practitioners of the banking profession? Give unto those who are not in need. Why does this battery get so desperately low to begin with? Sloth and entitlement, of course. I can just expend everything and the charger will bail me out. Why couldn't it charge itself on time like all the other hardworking, responsible batteries? In a word: Drugs. And that sort of crap no self respecting charger should stand for. N900... The Rand Paul of chargers.
--