Everything Else

my observatory

photo detail
:Skywriter:

DECUS Member 368596
Here's are descriptions with each photo somewhere. Apparently, there are many arcane rules to follows detailed in runs too old for my eye to decipher.

DECUS Member 368596
I assume the roof comes off?
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.
photo8.JPG
There's the interior of the truss and brass roofing designs supplied http://www.backyardobservatories.com/ excelet designs and parts

photo7.JPG
Her'es the roof rolling off. I use a split design to keep the 'warm/col room' habitable all year around, Also notice the use ff the exsiting shed to provide excellet load bearing capacity for zippo!

photo1.JPG
Closeup of the soon-to-be-eyepiece case, and sundry equipement.

DECUS Member 368596
guardian452 wrote: I assume the roof comes off?

yeah, it does. it rolls off. much more acceptable by the neighbors. did you have something else in mind for an observatory, unless if for astrology.

DECUS Member 368596
I love the paneling and flooring. Beautiful!

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
The woodwork reminds me of a Finnish sauna. I like it.

Looks like you can spend some quality time there.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
did you give up the music-box for the eye-box sky?

hope you're having fun with both, sweet setup, looks spacious :)

quite a few nekochanners have a thing for wood and i like it
pentium wrote: You need to hook up a music box that plays the Thunderbirds theme as the roof rolls away. :lol:

I snarfed my dad's old Bose, maybe the count be arranged? However, weren't you waaaaay to young for the for the thunderbird's, but the the Smurf's theme song would have been worse say worse ?@???? >0)

DECUS Member 368596
jan-jaap wrote: The woodwork reminds me of a Finnish sauna. I like it.

Looks like you can spend some quality time there.

I expect the spent quantity * time in the too :-) unfortunately the 'gear-ist' in me had been whiling many an hour; preferably at night when even the insulated room gets hot too. Even in the speediest futesdt an AC in my immediate future!

* - has the italicist returned?

DECUS Member 368596
fu wrote: did you give up the music-box for the eye-box sky?

hope you're having fun with both, sweet setup, looks spacious :)

quite a few nekochanners have a thing for wood and i like it

Heavens no fu-man-chu! I try to spend equal time in either endevor. they're both endless fun; not to forget the Volvo, its got just a ton more improvements lined for this coming week; rear struct tower braces, front * and back undercarriage. plus a progressive water/methane injection system for the twin-turbo. then a bunch of cracked plastic cosmetics for next years grand paint job :-) What I really need is a competent tuner who can do custom tuners for the ME7 ECU. If they exist at all, they'e on the west coast or in sweden.

* - lost a ton of typingt here

DECUS Member 368596
Gorgeous hang-out maaan!

As a sweden I have to ask, what volvo do you drive? I saw a near perfect PV 444 yesterday.

http://cdn2.carsdata.net/pics/Volvo/vol ... -ks-05.jpg
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
there are so many classic volvo bodies i would so rather have; the low slung 60's-70's wagon verision is what i liked the bes. Instead I have a car the is conformable and has the enhanced road performance I can safely. It's the only twin-turb fielded, nad the seriously underestimated torque the tranny would need. the need to pop early; but that's ok, there are GM Tranny rebuilders that can put this 4T65EV-GT tranny together in strip condition. The S80 might have been an exec class car, but when these things hit +10 years, they become interesting to work on. Th is not my Dad's Volvo, shit it ain't my Son's Volvo!

DECUS Member 368596
jan-jaap wrote: The woodwork reminds me of a Finnish sauna. I like it.

Yup, looks very much like it, excepting the beautiful floor.

The ceiling is just bonkers though! :shock:
:Octane: halo , oct ane Image knightrider , d i g i t a l AlphaPC164, pond , soekris net6501, misc cool stuff in a rack
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
duck wrote:
jan-jaap wrote:
The woodwork reminds me of a Finnish sauna. I like it.

Yup, looks very much like it, excepting the beautiful floor.

The ceiling is just bonkers though! :shock:

the ceiling isn't even visible in operation. the is the way things are;

DECUS Member 368596
Holy expenditure that's amazing... :shock:

World domination! Or something...
you're welcome over anytime zishnu!

DECUS Member 368596
That would be awesome! My originally declared major was astrophysics, I later came to my senses and changed it to "just" physics but naturally I'm still all about the night sky... 8-)

World domination! Or something...