Everything Else

Euro-spec Car Headlights - Page 2

guardian452 wrote:
After going on quite a few night road trips in the US (including to and through philadelphia) with european-spec cars recently (Merc ML450, S55, BMW x5, etc), there is a very good reason why they US spec is different than euro-spec.

When the moon is out, I just turn 'em off. Saves wear and tear on the bulbs. Of course, if you have a passenger it can get kinda stinky up front but nothing's free in life.

(You probably think I'm kidding :D )

I couldn't if I wanted to. They turn on by themselves, day or night, at speeds > 160kph ... :P

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
I have never seen backlit signs here in Finland, only the ones that reflect light.
jan-jaap wrote:
I couldn't if I wanted to. They turn on by themselves, day or night, at speeds > 160kph ... :P

That reminds me why I hate new cars. Had a rented Honda that we wanted to take further afield than allowed. Disconnected the odometer, then the stupid thing wouldn't shift :(

Also for the record, in the United States, it's very important for everyone to know that they should Never Talk to the Police.

World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote:
For the record, in the United States odometers are covered by title 49 of the US code, chapter 327.

Also for the record, in the United States, it's very important for everyone to know that they should Never Talk to the Police.

land of the brave, home of the free ...
Attachment:
freedom.jpg
freedom.jpg [ 11.33 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]

The same goes for Norway, I have only seen reflective traffic signs here.