Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

uptime contest ! - Page 4

Yup, 2000 has the least bad memories associate with it to date.
:Octane: halo , oct ane
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
duck wrote: Yup, 2000 has the least bad memories associate with it to date.

Just "up"graded from win 2k on the Assist's kompewter. It made eight years. I'd have done a straight reinstall except wanted to try canavan's rdesktop (works well.) Server 2003 seems okay so far.
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
hamei wrote: Just "up"graded from win 2k on the Assist's kompewter. It made eight years. I'd have done a straight reinstall except wanted to try canavan's rdesktop (works well.) Server 2003 seems okay so far.

Aren't you a little early to be installing Server 2003? It isn't EOL'd until July! ;)
josehill wrote: Aren't you a little early to be installing Server 2003? It isn't EOL'd until July! ;)

It was either that or move to the dog house :(
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
Yep - first one is 2000 Server and the next one was 2003 Server :)
:Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
If you factor in the inherent unreliability of the old linksys 54G units it's quite amazing that mine has such a high uptime. It is hooked up to a UPS though. Our power here is pretty reliable most of the time (lol). It's also used solely for wifi, my router is an embedded atom box which would have a higher uptime but one of our trees got hit by lightning and killed the modem and the one ethernet port on the old one...
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/27/08) mini
Time: 19:34:32 up 432 days, 19:34, load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

My windows 7 desktop has been on for 71 days which honestly is amazing too haha.
:Indy: :rx2600: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy: