IRIX and Software

CD Writer applet version 0.2 available for download - Page 2

I think that neko_scribus was built against old libs and requires a rebuild.
Quite possible, I'd originally built that, there was a font issue, dexter1 fixed that, then we rebuilt the patched version again, that was it then. Worked fine though. Haven't been able to rebuild, my SGIs are upstairs under the roof, if I run them it gets unbearably hot (more so than it already is), so if anyone feels like rebuilding, all the info is in the opt subsystem. :)

Hehe funny - I was thinking about my various bits of IRIX code just the other day.

Unfortunately, I haven't shipped my O2 to my current location yet :( Am considering picking up an Ebay Fuel one of these days, but I'm not yet decided on the matter. Sort of hoping that the Tezro's will start showing up in the next 6 to 10 months. Going from an O2 to a Tezro should be a pretty 'meaningful' upgrade ;)

On the up-side there was some bugfixing/packaging/featuring happening to the CD-applet and my ViewKit extensions before I left Amsterdam in February.
Jimmer my friend, get a Fuel 8) . Bang for the buck, they're pretty nice. Especially since some have been selling for around 300 euro lately. Even when (more) Tezro's start showing up on ebay, you just know the prices will be insanely high.
hi

i search freeware for irix 4.0..... if you know some binary, dist or sources i'm interrested

regards

Laurent

two classics:

FSN ("I know this ... it's a UNIX system") is available from ftp.sgi.com.
Get the COFF/IRIX4 version

TQ can be found in a COFF version.

AFAIK there were no official "Freeware" releases from SGI, Gerhard Lenerz might know of some stuff- check out sgistuff.g-lenerz.de

Source from 1990-~1994 probably will build, but IRIX 4.0 was from before the "great standardization" from the mid '90s. I think it was SGIs first Vr4 IRIX, which makes it esaier to build on than 3.3, though.

You'll definitely want the IDO. What version is the one on your tape?
(4.1.1 was the best for IRIX 4)