IRIX and Software

Bounties

Is there a bounty system here?
I haven't seen a nekochan-specific one, but is there any reason that Bountysource couldn't be used?
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Doesn't there have to be something wrong with the site for a bounty to be posted? This place is perfect... 8-)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
I'd contribute to some bounties if others were willing to pool as well!
SGI:
:A3502L: Dual Itanium [email protected] 4GB Marisa
:Octane2: Dual R14000A@600MHz 2GB V12 Sakuya
Non-SGI:
HP C8000
HP EliteBook 8560p [email protected] 16GB Youmu FreeBSD 10.1/Windows 8.1
IBM IntelliStation 265 Dual POWER3-II@450MHz Jigoku-Karasu ( Hell Raven )

Incoming/On bench for repair/not in service:
2x :O3x0: Origin 300

For Sale: O2 DIMMS, Octane and O2 caddies.
Trekiej wrote: Is there a bounty system here?

You bring in the head of an NSA official and I'll see what I can scrounge up ...
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
I wish for a new Blender release even though I do not own an SGI computer. Now that makes sense doesn't it?
NSA... :lol:
I want to start a Blender and Firefox bounty.
Who all is interested?
;) Microsoft Office... :oops:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:O2: :1600SW: :O2: :1600SW: :Octane2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: :540:
Libre Office?
Exactly what features do blender and firefox lack that you guys would be willing to bounty the addition of? :?: :?:
Project:
Plan:
I know that Blender has a ton of thing that I could not list here. Unless there is another app. that is better.
Firefox I think needs Java script updated or added.
Office software, I can not say anything about it.
Ah I get it, you mean bounties to add features to the Irix versions of Blender and Firefox! I'm dumb but I'm sure slow... :mrgreen:

Anyway, with regard to modeling and animation software, Maya 6.5 on Irix is pretty much feature complete. 8-)
Project:
Plan:
Trekiej wrote: I know that Blender has a ton of thing that I could not list here. Unless there is another app. that is better.
Firefox I think needs Java script updated or added.

For now I'd suggest foregoing the bounties until you get a little more familiar with how to search the forum. There have been several in-depth discussions regarding *why* blender and javascript are in the state they're in, and why changing that would probably require bounties with real numbers followed by a fair number of zeros.

If you want to get involved in a "bounty" with less pie-in-the-sky goals, the nekoware "beta" repository has dozens of applications waiting for release to "current" status - some of them for years. All that's need is for three forum members to test each app and give it a thumbs up.

Might not be a bad idea to turn the bounty concept around the other way. In order to request a software build/port, you have to test at least three beta apps and post your findings.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
okay
recondas wrote: Might not be a bad idea to turn the bounty concept around the other way. In order to request a software build/port, you have to test at least three beta apps and post your findings.

Now you're cookin' with gas!
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube: