IRIX and Software

6.5 packages - Page 2

Thanks for the nginx! I've been thinking of playing with that on IRIX.
NGINX is better than Apache by far.
Entire collection up for sale :(
TeamBlackFox wrote: NGINX is better than Apache by far.

it depends on what you wanna do. apache has way more features and a much broader platform support
r-a-c.de
What does Apache have that NGINX doesn't have? NGINX runs on almost any unix-like system, which is good enough for my use case, its not like I'm gonna go and get a Windows Azure VPS and run Apache on it, or run Apache on OpenVMS, they have their own webservers which are better tied to those OSes. NGINX uses far less memory than Apache does and can handle more connections at once. NGINX has a BIND-like file config, Apache has nasty XML. Apache's under little more restrictive license, and has know security issues. Never heard of any issues with NGINX.
hehe, i never join x vs. x wars. if you prefer nginx that's perfectly fine.
r-a-c.de
Eh I just think Apache stopped being KISS after the 2.x release.
foetz wrote:
TeamBlackFox wrote: NGINX is better than Apache by far.

it depends on what you wanna do. apache has way more features and a much broader platform support

The Sun Solaris Netscape Oracle iPlanet Java One Server to Conquer Them All server is pretty nifty as well. There is a slow-moving open-source version of that, which I have thought would be fun to try on Urx.

It's not popular with the groupies, which is a +1 for me as well :D
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
hamei wrote: The Sun Solaris Netscape Oracle iPlanet Java One Server to Conquer Them All server is pretty nifty as well. There is a slow-moving open-source version of that, which I have thought would be fun to try on Urx.

Plus, it shares some DNA with Netscape FastTrack Server that used to be bundled with IRIX!
josehill wrote:
hamei wrote: The Sun Solaris Netscape Oracle iPlanet Java One Server to Conquer Them All server is pretty nifty as well. There is a slow-moving open-source version of that, which I have thought would be fun to try on Urx.

Plus, it shares some DNA with Netscape FastTrack Server that used to be bundled with IRIX!

all of that a plus for me too. didn't know about its remains but i've just seen that oracle still offer the iplanet web- and proxy servers ... for customers only tho
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: all of that a plus for me too. didn't know about its remains but i've just seen that oracle still offer the iplanet web- and proxy servers ... for customers only tho

There's a little bit about it here :

http://www.virkki.com/jyri/articles/ind ... eb-server/

but not too much. I think you can still get it free but it's a bitch to find. I snagged it a while back, have been running it for several years but on Solaris. It's interesting and works well. Quite different from Apache tho.

I remember when Sun open-sourced it, all the chimpanzees at slashdot were gibbering in unison, "What do we need that crusty old crap for ?"

Maybe because it works better than Apache ?

edit : I was wrong :oops: There's Winders of a couple varieties, Solaris in two varieties, AIX and HP-UX. No Irix tho :(

Free here :

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 25365.html

If you have an interest I'd grab it fast tho. Larry, he don' like nobody what gets nuttin' of his without payin' up the wazoo. This is only 7.15, I have seen docs related to 7.20 but can't find that for the life of me.

Be prepared for a learning experience - it's not like the rest of the web servers out there. It passed through the Sun Reality Translation Vector at some point.

I'm at 60 of 160 megabytes now, hope this isn't just a giant tiff of Larry laughing in my face ...
Juliet ! the dice were loaded from the start ...
nice thanks, grabbed it :-)
r-a-c.de
  • curl_7410.tardist
  • openssh_68p1.tardist
  • openssl_102.tardist

so that your box is safe :-)
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote:

• openssl_102.tardist

so that your box is safe :-)

That's 1.0.2a, released today, right? Because they made five security fixes today to the 1.0.2 release in January... :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
lol seems i missed it by just a few minutes :P

EDIT:
  • openssl_102a.tardist

okay there it is
r-a-c.de
  • re2c_0141.tardist

this is quite neat. it's a regex to c translator. for details have a look at http://re2c.sourceforge.net .
it's "modern" c++ tho so mipspro builds on pre-6.5 irix are not gonna happen without quite some rewrites.
r-a-c.de
  • libmemcached_012.tardist
  • libev_419.tardist
  • memcached_1424.tardist

for the speedy stuff
r-a-c.de
  • libevent_2022.tardist

with ssl support
r-a-c.de
  • nedit_56a.bz2
  • xpdf_304.tardist

xpdf with greetings to hamei :D
r-a-c.de
mirror added. see first post
  • php_5530.tar.bz2
  • php_5530_apache24.tar.bz2
  • php_5530_ext.tar.bz2
  • apache_2417.tar.bz2

this is a special set for techgrrl but also for anyone else interested in using their sgi as a webserver of course.
the first php has no special sapi and can be used as fcgi with any webserver supporting it or of course for just running php scripts otherwise.
the second one contains as the name suggests the sapi for apache 2.4.x. copy the module from its dir to the other apache modules and edit the config accordingly.
the third php package contains the modules. i built php without much additional stuff to keep it flexible so in most cases you wanna grab the modules as well and use whatever you like. there's quite a bunch of them inside.
apache is, well, just the latest of the 2.4 branch. built with all modules so you can pick whatever you favor