glTranslatef (xyz[0], xyz[1], xyz[2]);
glRotatef (tiltAngle, crossVec[0], crossVec[1], crossVec[2]);
glRotatef (spinAngle, 0, 1, 0);
glTranslatef (width * cyWidth, 0, 0);
if (dStretch)
glScalef (1.0f, 1.0f, scale);
glCallList (1);
glPopMatrix ();

which is the main screen update subroutine (glLoadIdentity clears the screen and one sets up a glCalllist of functions and primitives to be shown). Note the first "glRotatef" having "tiltangle" as first argument. For some reason this glRotatef causes a no-show on SGI's native viewport but as soon as you set the display to a Linux machine with openGL support (Matrox) it did work!?!?!
Huh?
After several hours of dissecting, this tiltangle and crossVec are actually products of a machinecode optimised x86 routine with a C++ counterpart for 'other' CPU's like our MIPS. Instead of agonising assembly i took the easy way out and commented out only that first glRotatef. Viola :) My Crimson sweating out a Twister:

http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/gallery/album21/crimea3

I'll retest it on my O2 tomorrow and if i'm happy i'll pop the corrected tardists (mips3 and mips4) onto Neko's server.

Cheerio
I've spent a few hours on that last november, decided that crossVec is useless and commented out every reference to it. Works for my O2s, mailed rss's author and never heard back from him. I must have forgotten to post my results here ;-(
Awesome! Great job--Never surrender!
[quote="foetz"]hello,

neko is right. 1.7a needs newer gettext.
all versions that include libintl.so.4 are fine.

------

I saw this and thought, "Oh kewl !" because I'd tried the nice shiny
new Nekochan Thunderbird and Firefox binariies (thanks foetz) only
to get the dreaded "cannot map " message.

So I grabbed the newer gettext but still only get as far as

5793:./firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libintl.so.4' under any of the filenames
/usr/freeware/lib32/libintl.so.4:./libintl.so.4:./plugins/libintl.so.4:/usr/local/
firefox/lib/mre/mre-0.8.0+/libintl.so.4:/usr/lib32/libintl.so.4:/usr/lib32/internal/
libintl.so.4:/lib32/libintl.so.4:/opt/lib32/libintl.so.4:/usr/freeware/lib32/libintl.so.4.4:.
/libintl.so.4.4:./plugins/libintl.so.4.4:/usr/local/firefox/lib/mre/mre-0.8.0+/libintl.so.4.4:
/usr/lib32/libintl.so.4.4:/usr/lib32/internal/libintl.so.4.4:/lib32/libintl.so.4.4:/opt/lib32/
libintl.so.4.4:

with both T-bird and firefox :(
hello,

just add /usr/local/lib to your LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH.

just add /usr/local/lib to your LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH.

that's an improvement, thanks ... but what else needs upgrading ?

Now I get :

Gort 2% firefox
*** global extensions startup!
nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with error: 1708:./firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libXft.so.2' under any of the filenames /usr/freeware/lib32/libXft.so.2:./libXft.so.2:./plugins/libXft.so.2:/usr/local/firefox/lib/mre/mre-0.8.0+/libXft.so.2:/usr/local/lib/libXft.so.2:/usr/lib32/libXft.so.2:/usr/lib32/internal/libXft.so.2:/lib32/libXft.so.2:/opt/lib32/libXft.so.2:/usr/freeware/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:./libXft.so.2.2:./plugins/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/local/firefox/lib/mre/mre-0.8.0+/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/local/lib/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/lib32/internal/libXft.so.2.2:/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:/opt/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:
nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(libgfx_gtk.so) Load FAILED with error: 1708:./firefox-bin: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname 'libXft.so.2' under any of the filenames /usr/freeware/lib32/libXft.so.2:./libXft.so.2:./plugins/libXft.so.2:/usr/local/firefox/lib/mre/mre-0.8.0+/libXft.so.2:/usr/local/lib/libXft.so.2:/usr/lib32/libXft.so.2:/usr/lib32/internal/libXft.so.2:/lib32/libXft.so.2:/opt/lib32/libXft.so.2:/usr/freeware/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:./libXft.so.2.2:./plugins/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/local/firefox/lib/mre/mre-0.8.0+/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/local/lib/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:/usr/lib32/internal/libXft.so.2.2:/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:/opt/lib32/libXft.so.2.2:

I looked for a readme, but no could find ... sorry for the stupidity, but ....
hello again,

you need some libs from the bigpack availible on the mainsite.
at least xft and xrender cause i compiled it with xft support so we get nice smooth fonts.

you can use this method in general whenever some libs are missing.

search for the file and when you find it just add the path to LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH (without N32 for old libs and with 64 for 64bit libs).
if the file isn't availible you have some missing packages for running the specific app.

Just got xft build of firefox up and running, most sites the fonts are fine, but here on the nekochan forums they are worse, must go playing with font settings (install my windows font pack might be an idea)

still great to have decent fonts on most websites :D
also remember to customize your userChrome.css...

moz_run_program[36]: 1701 Bus error
i'm sorry.
the ff was just an internal test and shouln't be availible ever.

i'll tell neko to delete it. please use the official named versions.

sure, will do, even if it is abit buggy, it's still great work, am just wondering about installing windows fonts, i know on linux with XFT i could just slot the ttf into a .fonts directory in my home dir. Does this still work on XFT on Irix? :)
just try it :D

the official last firefox is also with xft but without gtk2.
i guess you know why i make them without gtk2 for the moment...

IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Is it just me, or in that twister, are those polys supposed to be front-facing? I'm guessing this is what the crossVec takes care of (rotating based on camera view to display front-facing?) or are they actually supposed to be almost lines like that?