SGI: Discussion

What did Octane 2's sell for? - Page 2

Don't even get me started if the Wedding was on a bank holiday and you had a broken arm! OMG.. and then there's the school holiday period!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Fuel: :Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
uunix wrote: Don't even get me started if the Wedding was on a bank holiday and you had a broken arm! OMG.. and then there's the school holiday period!

I broke my arm once, at summer camp. Fell off a horse. An Arabian stallion. A big one. That was galloping at full speed. I had never ridden before, they were supposed to be teaching me how. Their "instructions" amounted to putting me in the saddle, then taking off down the road on their horses at full speed and telling me to follow... :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
My wife was diagnosed with cancer last October, we're up to about $400,000. And that's without reconstruction which starts at the end of summer. We'll have a half million when it's over but we have really good insurance.
:Octane2: Octane 2, Dual 600MHz R14k's, 2GB, v12
:O2000: Origin 2200, Dual 300mhz, 2GB
:Onyx2R: Onyx2
Mac Pro dual quad Xeon 16GB 1TB
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Dell Workstation Dual quad Xeon 8GB 500GB RAID
Imac | HP laptop | Compaq | Commodore 64 floppy | TI 99 38k Peripheral Expansion Box
I had/have one of those SGI spreadsheets that have a Discrete configuration Octane (dual 600/DM2/DCD, etc.) at right around US $190,000. This is from SGI for the hardware only, this was not from Discrete and did not include Flame.

Hmmm... Ferrari or Octane...

Decisions...
Axatax_ wrote: I had/have one of those SGI spreadsheets that have a Discrete configuration Octane (dual 600/DM2/DCD, etc.) at right around US $190,000. This is from SGI for the hardware only, this was not from Discrete and did not include Flame.

Hmmm... Ferrari or Octane...

Decisions...

That's insane!
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Imac | HP laptop | Compaq | Commodore 64 floppy | TI 99 38k Peripheral Expansion Box
Do you think they would buy mine back?
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
should we invent a time-machine, buddy?
bye. I am not a warez guy. respect.
ivelegacy wrote: should we invent a time-machine, buddy?

The same machine existing in the same time.. you're asking for trouble chap!
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
Roger Penrose, too talkative books writer
U need to read more than 3 of his books
just to know if the Schroedinger's Cat
… is dead or alive. Y|W=?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

uunix wrote:
ivelegacy wrote: should we invent a time-machine, buddy?

The same machine existing in the same time ...

that's it, according to Stephen Hawking conjecture on the why on they you'd better avoid to build a time machine, but let me say I absolutely do not trust that Theory is really right (1)!

(1) oh well, my … emm … " scientific motivations " about that is I have never concluded the book Stephen Hawking wrote with his friend Roger Penrose , because I hate the way Penrose writes books, he is too … emm emm... " talkative ", too many words to express a small concept, too long sentences with too many verbs and adverbs and prepositions that I can't, I really can't conclude more than 10 pages without getting sleepy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 2 years later, in a possible future ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

uunix wrote: …you're asking for trouble chap!

… it's 2017, and suddenly kkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaabuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm

Oh well, so the whole Universe got imploded into a donut , because a dude trusted the honey money, easy money rather than what the Science has always warned: never ever build a time machine if you want to do bad things with it :lol:
bye. I am not a warez guy. respect.
Wanted: Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before. :shock:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote: Wanted: Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before. :shock:

Like Tony Soprano said - "Come Heavy or not at all". If it's mayhem, I'm in.
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Vladio wrote: Like Tony Soprano said - "Come Heavy or not at all". If it's mayhem, I'm in.

Since at least the introduction of steel gun tubes in the Franco-Prussian war, outgunned is outmanned...
I always hated the fact that SGI didn't have some sort of PC priced system. They could have tweaked the Indy and had sold something low spec. I don't want to discuss revenue, etc....That was my fantasy. I just wished they had something for people that didn't a job at a company/university with access to them. The jobs I had back then were tough to sell on choosing SGI over SUN. Everyone that had a SUN pizza box would come over to my desk and drool over my Indy and Indigo1 in the mid to late 90s. I never did anything other than use them as glorified ssh/Xterms on my desk (and still to this day, that is why I am still able to use IRIX daily).
:Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson: