SGI: Discussion

Nice! SGI on Slashdot

--
No Microsoft product was used in any way to write or send this text.
If you use a Microsoft product to read it, you're doing so at your own
risk.
indeed! and I think SGi rocks (again!)

:Octane2: 2xR12000 400MHz, 4GB RAM, V12
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Huh! And yet sgi stock is down 4.73 percent today. But if this takes off it could be a real game changer, could be a prime buying opportunity!
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
or perhaps SGi should consider getting off the markets like Dell did...
Geoman wrote: perhaps SGi should consider getting off the markets like Dell did...

The only US gear machine company left bought back all their stock and returned to private ownership. They are doing quite well, now that they are not controlled by the worthless lying bastards and thieves of the finance sector.
suddenly she asked for my sweater, and said that she was very very cold ...
Oh for FSM's sake, that logo
:Octane: halo , oct ane Image knightrider , d i g i t a l AlphaPC164, pond , soekris net6501, misc cool stuff in a rack
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
duck wrote: Oh for FSM's sake, that logo

The cube is missing on this blade ....

Besides, I like the current logo a bit more than the "Belluzzo-Logo".
...looks like it was added on later in photoshop gimp microsoft paint.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Hmmmm, looks like they painted a couple of 'em, this one's at storagereview.com:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
Why on earth Rackable didn't immediately change back to the cube and old font is beyond me. The SGI logo is utter crap, has always been utter crap, and will always be utter crap. It's like having a Ferarri in the garage that you never touch and drive a gremlin. What is new with the new logo? It looks like they embossed the "syfy" logo.
:Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson:
guardian452 wrote: ...looks like it was added on later in photoshop gimp microsoft paint.

I agree....that logo doesnt look like its actually mounted. It does indeed look 'shopped. Even a horribly artistic person like myself could've done better. But I would have used Corel Graphics. :D