Hardware Wanted

WTB : Serial cable

Hi,

I'm looking a serial cable to use an O2 as a console for a Challenge-S.

I found this http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orders6.cgi?action=Showitem&id=ID1462822&partno=70810&search=DIN8&rsite=pccables.comcgi&rcode=
but the connection is slightly different from what I saw in the Origin200 owner's guide (page# 191).

Does anyone have one for me ?

I'm located in France.

Regards.
:O2: :Indy: (KO) :Octane: (KO)

Looking for:
1600sw, O2 cam, Fuel
If you, or a friend, have basic soldering skills, you can make one for about 2 euro's of parts (1x female DB9 + 1x male MiniDIN 8-pin and a piece of 8-wire cable).

At least that way you'll be sure it is of the right type, as you have the schematics for it. Never rely on some anonymous clerck selling you the right cable - these days the robots at the box-shoving companies they work for, don't know the difference between a shoehorn and a handfull of buckshot. Sell sell sell!!!
Hi,

Thx for your advice. I just need to find the connectors.
I actually had a DIN8M connector but it was molded and had only 4 wires :-/

Looking for:
1600sw, O2 cam, Fuel
Hi !

You also can use a serial cable for "old-world" MAC's :)

regards
Thomas
Hamster wrote: You also can use a serial cable for "old-world" MAC's :)

The idea was good, I used cable of an AppleTalk adapter and that one actually had 4 wires + ground ...

Looking for:
1600sw, O2 cam, Fuel
4 wires is really all you need for serial.
MooglyGuy wrote: 4 wires is really all you need for serial.

True, if your app supports Xon/Xoff (which is software handshaking). Otherwise, it won´t hurt to connect the DTR/CTS pins.

But for terminal access to an SGI box, I believe Xon/Xoff (4 wires) should suffice...
Hamster wrote: You also can use a serial cable for "old-world" MAC's :)

I'm using a Newton serial cable to talk to my Indy. They're not uncommon on ebay. See RageX's post here .
Wacom serial adapter for Mac works great with I series machines.
Part # STJ-A110 .

You can often reach 'em at ebay for next to nothing.