Hardware Wanted

HD for Indigo2

Anyone got one that will work in an Indigo2? All I can find on ebay are 280 meg ones. With a sled would be nice but it is not manditory :D
Any modern SCSI hard drive will work in an Indigo2 with the proper adapter. The sky's the limit.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
I have two, I think they are 2 and 4 GB with sleds. My indigo2 died a horrible death. I also have video cards for it, but have no idea if they work or not now.
zizban wrote: Anyone got one that will work in an Indigo2? All I can find on ebay are 280 meg ones. With a sled would be nice but it is not manditory :D

ebay should be your friend... I don't know, an ebay store like this one: http://stores.ebay.com/unix-museum?refid=store :lol:
hey, would that Viking HD you have work in an Indigo2?
zizban wrote: hey, would that Viking HD you have work in an Indigo2?
About that! What an unbelievable coincidence :lol:
BTW, the HP drives would do too...
Any modern SCSI hard drive will work in an Indigo2 with the proper adapter. The sky's the limit

You're right Nekonoko, as I have 15k 18gb hard drives in my Indigo 2 10000 Max Impacts. They are 80 pin models with the right adapters and mounted on the factory sleds looking like they came from the factory that way. If you use the 68 pin hard drives with an adapter, chances are the hard drive will stick out a little farther than the 80 pin ones do. You have to be careful that the hard drive and adapter don't short against each other (I have a piece of styrofoam sandwiched between them for extra protection).

I have done some modification on them and working on another at the moment. Richard