Hardware For Sale/Trade

IrisVision (ISA model) on eBay - Page 2

:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
I love that keyboard. I loved the Thinkpad track points. I remember in the 90s I called them nibbons. Everyone looks at me crazy when I call them that. Did anyone else ever call them that? I have no idea where I got it, but I remember that being the name of that little red "nibbon".
:PrismDT: :Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson:
mopar5150 wrote: I think it would have been successful with SGI grade graphics and a reasonable price. I like the look of the system.

I think so too. I would have bought one for sure. I remember running Win2k prof on that box. It looked great on my desk. Why did they go with the whole ARCS prom cobalt custom graphics on a custom mobo? It would have been cool if they had put in some kind of bios compatibility mode.
:PrismDT: :Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson:
jan-jaap wrote: Yeah, that must have been a big seller. I wonder what that 'E' is for

'E'du discounts were fairly deep, especially on software. They weren't always listed that way, but the Varsity program would also get its price published.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
opcode wrote: I think so too. I would have bought one for sure. I remember running Win2k prof on that box. It looked great on my desk. Why did they go with the whole ARCS prom cobalt custom graphics on a custom mobo? It would have been cool if they had put in some kind of bios compatibility mode.

It was a retarded design, mainly because it was the only way SGI knew how to make a PeeCee product comply with SGI's corporate culture of products with ultra high margins.The Visual Workstation was the embodiment of everything that was wrong with SGI in one nice looking package.
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"