Hardware For Sale/Trade

Tezro on ebay

One of my perpetual ebay SGI searches kicked up a Tezro in Virginia this morning. I don't have a horse in this race, I'm good on hardware....it's not as beefy as the last one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicon-Graphic ... 1725593739 ?
:Octane2: Octane 2, Dual 600MHz R14k's, 2GB, v12
:O2000: Origin 2200, Dual 300mhz, 2GB
:Onyx2R: Onyx2
Mac Pro dual quad Xeon 16GB 1TB
HP dual core 4GB 500GB
Dell Workstation Dual quad Xeon 8GB 500GB RAID
Imac | HP laptop | Compaq | Commodore 64 floppy | TI 99 38k Peripheral Expansion Box
nice, I have too much IP35, but I think I might chase this one anyway. As long as it stays reasonable.
Hrm, $540 for a Tezro that's approaching Fuel spec? If it's someone here please update us when you get it. I'm curious if the pci backplane is different from a 2/4 proc model or if this is even the single proc it claims.

Edit: I have memory available for this, and maybe a spare hard drive.
I have gone through many Tezros and origin350s, I have never seen a single CPU version.
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :O3x0: :A350:
mopar5150 wrote: I have gone through many Tezros and origin350s, I have never seen a single CPU version.

Me neither, but they did exist.

They have less available PCI slots , and you cannot upgrade the single CPU version to dual or quad CPU .

Hope the buyer realized that...
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
Learn something new everyday. You could swap out the main board as that should be the only difference.

i have 4x700 ip53 avail for $100 and 4x800 for $350 if you want to upgrade

This information is not correct. I own an upgraded single processor Tezro. But I never owned the single processor node board., if someone have one, I am interested.
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:
mopar5150 wrote: You could swap out the main board as that should be the only difference.

Except it isn't, because the interface board (with the PCI slots) is different also:
Tezro Owner's Guide (CH2, Interface Board) wrote: Note:
Figure 2-5 depicts the interface board in a 2- or 4-processor workstation. The
interface board in a 1-processor workstation has 4 PCI-X slots (3 available) and 1 XIO slot.

So the 2-4 CPU Tezro has 8 PCI slots, and 2 XIO slots. The single CPU version has half of everything. And one PCI-X slot is unavailable, probably because it's taken by the IO9. That only makes sense if you eliminate one of the two XIO-to-PCI-X bridges. Maybe cost saving, maybe a necessity. If you look carefully, the dual and quad CPU IP53 boards have *two* high density connectors near the front which connects to them to the interface board. A Fuel has one (and 4 PCI slots and one XIO slot!).

So either:

1. The single CPU IP53 nodeboard doesn't have what it takes to talk to dual XIO-PCI bridges. They produced a reduced cost interface board with less components.

2. The single CPU IP53 nodeboard doesn't have what it takes to talk to dual XIO-PCI bridges but it wasn't worth redesigning the interface board. It's all there, but only half of it works.

I'd like to see some pictures and a hinv from this system. But I wouldn't want to sink my own money into it, nor would I assume upgrading it to a quad config is simply a matter of replacing the nodeboard.

EDIT: OK, Diegel beat me ;) And indeed the INT53 board is different:

Code: Select all

WS_INT_53_1P Board: barcode MYR049     part 030-1874-006 rev -A

So, are the PCI slots populated at all?
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
Sorry for the fuzzy picture, my Tezro is looking like this:
:Tezro: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Onyx2: :O2+: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo: :Cube:
That's very interesting.

Interesting. Are those sata cables?
:PrismDT: :Tezro: :Onyx2: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :O2: :1600SW: :1600SW: :320: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Fuel: :Fuel:
Stolen! :4D310: :Crimson:
Interesting that they placed the XIO slot connectors.