Hardware For Sale/Trade

EBAY: Rare Crimson For Sale - Page 1

I'd love to have it, but not at that price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicon-Graphic ... 1464321017
I have one exactly like it, but my power supply died a while back :(
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
What makes this one rare?
Looking at the photos, I don't see the "Property of HI-TECH TOONS" label mentioned in the description... Did I miss it?
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
6000 bucks? :P
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: 6000 bucks? :P

Reminds me of the scene in "Trouble With Tribbles:"

Trader: Four credits.
Cyrano Jones: Is that an offer or a joke?
Trader: That's my offer.
Cyrano Jones: That's a joke.
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
You guys that have these machines -- would you consider trading a NeXTCube Turbo w/Dimension for a Crimson (I'd drive down to make the xchange -- anywhere in the US).

Worth it for the lower side panels :lol: I never did find them for crimson or onyx... this one is in remarkably good shape but the price just reconfirms the ebay inflation syndrome :shock: I thought a crimson for $250 was pricey. After all, not long before that they were being given away for free!

It was either upgraded or at some point the top hat or back panel was replaced because the nameplate says VGX but the top hat says RealityEngine. My transpotting skills aren't what they used to be, I can't tell just by looking at the cardcage anymore. (guessing realityengine based on the 2RMs and DG in RE positions with the similar-to-RE2 style frontplane)
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Axatax_ wrote: You guys that have these machines -- would you consider trading a NeXTCube Turbo w/Dimension for a Crimson (I'd drive down to make the xchange -- anywhere in the US).

I'd actually consider that, but as mentioned my power supply doesn't currently work.
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
smj wrote: Looking at the photos, I don't see the "Property of HI-TECH TOONS" label mentioned in the description... Did I miss it?

it's on the additional pics he put on photobucket
r-a-c.de
smj wrote: Looking at the photos, I don't see the "Property of HI-TECH TOONS" label mentioned in the description... Did I miss it?

Extra photos are here:

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/makot ... t=3&page=0

and video:

guardian452 wrote: It was either upgraded or at some point the top hat or back panel was replaced because the nameplate says VGX but the top hat says RealityEngine. My transpotting skills aren't what they used to be, I can't tell just by looking at the cardcage anymore. (guessing realityengine based on the 2RMs and DG in RE positions with the similar-to-RE2 style frontplane)

It's RE. The pictures on Photobucket show a GE8, DG2, RM4, and RM4T.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
I'd buy it *maybe* for $3K, but not $6K.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
nekonoko wrote: I have one exactly like it, but my power supply died a while back :(

Well, mine still works but it's the last one I have. My 4D/440VGX has a dead PSU and I have two dead PowerOne spares. My desk has been littered with PowerOne bits for months but I don't have the time to fix it ...

Just imagine what mine (with 150MHz R4400 CPU, 256MB RAM and 100Mbit FDDI networking) must be worth :lol:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
Skywriter's old page has a lot of good photos of machines of this vintage and older http://www.nekochan.net/~skywriter/

None of the box without the skins, which I'm sorry to say isn't all that exciting. The just look like a big metal box.

A while back I put a 'teardown' of my onyx on ifixit.com :lol:
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Silicon ... down/12546
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
thanks so much for the iFixit teardown... that just made my day!
owning: :Indy: :Octane: :Cube: (NeXTstation) - lusting after: :Crimson: :Onyx2: :Tezro:
guardian452 wrote: A while back I put a 'teardown' of my onyx on ifixit.com :lol:
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Silicon ... down/12546

Nice! :mrgreen:

Lovin' the St. Paddy's Day ground strap... :lol:
Project:
Plan:

Mine came in as a lowly R3000 with Extreme graphics although I did upgrade it to an R4400, not sure how much ram as it hasn't been fired up in quite some time. Here's a shot of the graphics card...

album: https://flic.kr/p/rQyFc1

jan-jaap wrote:
nekonoko wrote: I have one exactly like it, but my power supply died a while back :(

Well, mine still works but it's the last one I have. My 4D/440VGX has a dead PSU and I have two dead PowerOne spares. My desk has been littered with PowerOne bits for months but I don't have the time to fix it ...

Just imagine what mine (with 150MHz R4400 CPU, 256MB RAM and 100Mbit FDDI networking) must be worth :lol:
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
kshuff wrote: Mine came in as a lowly R3000 with Extreme graphics although I did upgrade it to an R4400, not sure how much ram as it hasn't been fired up in quite some time. Here's a shot of the graphics card...

That's not a graphics card that's an exercise in urban overcrowding! :shock:

Really amazing though, SGI engineering at it's best, thanks for posting it... :mrgreen:
Project:
Plan:

If that's an Extreme, does it mean Extreme gfx exists for Indigo GIO32?
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: