Hardware For Sale/Trade

O350 with graphics - Page 2

foetz wrote:
hehe no idea why you think so ...

Cuz I've had both, still have most of a Fuel I can make back into a running computer, and seriously considering it.

The O350 performs slightly better in the real world (my world, anyway, which intersects the real world in one or two places) but in all other ways it's worse. The smart thing to do would be to trade everything I have for a single 900 mhz Fuel and a spare power supply.
sure if you have no use for what the o350 has more than a fuel then the fuel is perfectly fine.
foetz wrote:
hamei wrote:
Okay le, let's be realistic. As a storage server, it's ridiculous. 2U, 19" wide, 27" deep (plus all the crap sticking out the back) to hold two disks.

he didn't say his storage was internal

Quote:
Compile box, it *might* be a little faster than a Fuel but not enough to notice. I've run both.

it's exactly twice as fast (assuming 2 cpus) as soon as the gnu make or any other jobserver kicks in.

Not quite. That's two processors on a shared bus - that means that you have just as much memory bandwidth and I/O bandwidth as a single-CPU unit, so linear scaling with CPU count is unlikely.

hamei wrote:
Compile box, it *might* be a little faster than a Fuel but not enough to notice. I've run both.

it's exactly twice as fast (assuming 2 cpus) as soon as the gnu make or any other jobserver kicks in.

Not quite. That's two processors on a shared bus - that means that you have just as much memory bandwidth and I/O bandwidth as a single-CPU unit, so linear scaling with CPU count is unlikely.

hehe yes of course, my point was that it's a serious improvement over a single cpu.