Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS/FT: SiCortex SC-072 Workstation

So I have decided to part with my SC-072, I don't use it as often as I'd like and for my line of work it isn't practical. So I'm hoping to find it a nice home somewhere. The master node is an x86 AMD Turion processor with 2 GB of RAM. As well as a 500 GB hard drive loaded with RHEL 5 and the special SiCortex Linux based on Gentoo that is used in the nodes. There 12 nodes, each with 6 cores for a total of 72 MIPS64 processors, and 48 GB of RAM with 8 GB per node. It comes with the software and manuals as well. It is in excellent physical condition, runs perfectly. I am an organic chemist, and I do a lot of intense visualization work so I am open to trades for graphics gear, but I really want to find this machine a nice home. Feel free to PM me if your interested or have any questions.

DRAGONGOLFER
SiCortex SC072
I could give it a good home and could potentially host it for others, but I have no use for it myself.

Really cool box.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
Oddly enough, I was just Googling through some recent SiCortex sales. I would love to get my hands on such a system. PM sent.
:: evilquim ::
- Octane
- Octane2
- Onyx2 Deskside
- other SGI gear
Dragongolfer wrote: So I have decided to part with my SC-072 ...

I will never understand why SGI did not get together with these guys. Put it down to yet another brilliant move by Bozo Ewald, I guess. Corporate America has the imagination of a flea.
Droool. May I ask what you payed for it? I made a bid on a SC-072 that was more local to me, but I was apparently not even close.
:Onyx2R: :IRIS3130: :Crimson: :4D310: :Onyx2: :O2000: :O200: :PI: :Fuel: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy: :1600SW: :pdp8e:
:BA213: <- MicroVAX 3500 :BA213: <- DECsystem 5500 :BA215: <- MicroVAX 3300
Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se
hamei wrote:
Dragongolfer wrote: So I have decided to part with my SC-072 ...

I will never understand why SGI did not get together with these guys. Put it down to yet another brilliant move by Bozo Ewald, I guess. Corporate America has the imagination of a flea.

Yeah, because there was such a pent up demand for these systems... :roll:
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"
R-ten-K wrote: Yeah, because there was such a pent up demand for these systems... :roll:

Hey ! Nice to see you. It's always good to hear from the minions of imagination-free Corporate America ! No pentup demand, exactly. Exactly like there was no pentup demand for the PC. IBM said so, total capacity requirement maybe three thousand a year. And no need for more than one megabyte of memory. And no demand for radio or the telephone or the automobile or the steam engine or movable type or ... heck, according to the corporate types, all we really want is a better branch to swing from. Which they will be happy to supply for sixty bananas per leaf. They own the rights to "branch", you know. Got it right here in the Intellectual Property portfolio right next to "round corner."

There's this thing about "demand." No one can predict what will be a demand until after it's demonstrated that there was a demand. If SciCortex had been anything but a money-grubbing worthless group of shyster shitheads themselves, they might still be around.

R-Ten, will you ever understand that Corporate America is nothing but a bunch of no-talent worthless bloodsuckers ? The only thing they understand is how to steal other people's ideas and suck the life blood out of society. If the worst Depression since 1930 can't show you that the banksters, investment gurus, corporate managers, lawyers, patents, intellectual property, the entire American Establishment is nothing but a cancer on society, then speech with you is hopeless.
I have a question, have you tried the computer with Pymol ? :) . I am using the program like crazy in the lab and I guess that it should be really fast running in that girl :) .
Image _ Betty Blue _
R12000A 400 Mhz ; 1 Gb RAM ; 72 Gb 15K HDD; IRIX 6.5.29
CrystalEyes; Dial Box; O2Cam "ZEYE"; external Toshiba SD-M1711 DVD-ROM; Octane speakers;
Lock bar; SGI microphone.
Mods: PSU Noctua fan; internal Toshiba SD-M1401 DVD-ROM; Adaptec AIC-7880P SCSI card.

_ REKIEM_I7 _
Seasonic X 1250W PSU / Intel I7 2600k 4 x 5,00 Ghz / 2 x Gainward 2Gb GTX 560Ti Phantom 2 / 32 Gb DDR3 / Intel x25-M 160 Gb SSD and 10 extra Tb
_ REKIEM_T5400 _
875W PSU / 2 x Intel Xeon Harpertown 4 x 3,33 Ghz / 1 x EVGA Geforce 4Gb GTX 980 Supercloked / 32 Gb DDR2 667 ECC / Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB SSD and 3 extra Tb
_ Raspberry Pi _
:|
Hamei, by all means do not let your lack of basic knowledge, comprehension, or understanding of a specific matter deter your from lecturing others on it...

Back on topic: This is an interesting system, I hope it finds a good home. Cheers.
"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a
pyramid with thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"
R-ten-K wrote: Hamei, by all means do not let your lack of basic knowledge, comprehension, or understanding of a specific matter deter your from lecturing others on it...

No prob, senor. I've owned a small business for forty-some years, supported myself and several others from the age of seventeen until now making real-world items that do stuff like pumping out sinking ships, watched while the US went from a country of 80% small businesses and 20% megacorps to the reverse. And watched while "innovation" and good ideas and hard work all went into the toilet in favor of market manipulation and control. Why did SciCortex quit ? Woe is us, we couldn't get our third round of financing ! Heaven forbid we'd put any of our own money in ! Are you mad ?

In short, I've watched while the US flushed itself right down the toilet to become a third-rate, third-world shithole which has absolutely nothing to offer the world except the US Army bringing you Democracy at gunpoint.

So y'all wanna run your cv past ? I'd be interested to learn how a mouthpiece for the Establishment can gather so much comprehension, knowledge and understanding. Normally they are good at propaganda but not so hot with facts.

Back on topic: This is an interesting system, I hope it finds a good home. Cheers.

But I thought there was no de-maaaand ! ??
hamei wrote: real-world items that do stuff like pumping out sinking ships

Making bilge pumps for forty years makes you a domain expert on innovation?
:OnyxR: :IRIS3130: :IRIS2400: :Onyx: :ChallengeL: :4D220VGX: :Indigo: :Octane: :Cube: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2: :Indy:
Oh the humanity.

I too hope this powerhouse finds a nice new home. Wish it was mine.