Hardware For Sale/Trade

DMediaPro DM-2 ( 030-1653-002 Rev. H , XT-DIGVID) - Page 2

Yes. The pinout would be very useful for a lot of people!
Titox wrote: Surprised with the fast delivery, last time I waited near two months for a ps2 console!!!

Thanks a lot!
20121221_202317.jpg

Cheers, glad it arrived so fast.
[click for links to hinv] JP: :Fuel: | :O2: | :Indy: || PL: [ :Fuel: :O2: :O2+: :Indy: ]
Another round of measuring my black cables with a DMM that actually beeps and some finer probes resulted in the following pinout is

Code: Select all

1 <> 14
2 <> 2
3 <> 23
4 <> 22
5 <> 21
6 <> 20
7 <> 19
8 <> 18
9 <> 17
10 <> 16
11 <> 15
12 <> 26
13 <> 25
24 <> 24

and vice versa.
Thank you, Canavan.
Thanks canavan! I put the pinout on the DMediaPro wiki page .

Which peripherals other than a VBOB need these particular cables?
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Finally I got a pair of LVDS cables and I can confirm that the white cable has the same pinout as the black one!
Nice catch. Do you have any SDI I/O equipment to take advantage of it? (And for that matter a VBOB, perhaps en route?)
:Tezro: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2:

• Offering various remaining systems and parts, several interestingly compatible with both IRIX and OpenVMS ( AXP and I64 );
• Looking for an SGI O3000 IP59 1-GHz MIPS R16000 quad-processor node board (for a Tezro).
I have an VBOB but I'm still missing some signal converters to try how works.
What are you going to try, if I may ask? (Purely out of curiosity.)
:Tezro: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2:

• Offering various remaining systems and parts, several interestingly compatible with both IRIX and OpenVMS ( AXP and I64 );
• Looking for an SGI O3000 IP59 1-GHz MIPS R16000 quad-processor node board (for a Tezro).
Same problem here -- I've got several SDI/HD-SDI equipped SGI systems but no decks, monitors etc. I've got a VideoLab in my 4D/380VGX with parallel digital (601) I/O and a pair of AJA SDI converters. In theory at least, I think that PowerSeries can do some of the tricks that the O2 can do, like mapping a live video stream as a texture on (moving) geometry. I could feed it with SDI video from my Onyx2 or Tezro. Now that would be some excellent retro-computing fun :-)

On the plus side: the 'traditional' mini converters from AJA and the like still cost a fair bit of money, but it looks like the Chinese have jumped in, e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/350592200330
They may either be good (or at least reasonable, I'm not doing broadcast stuff anyway), or else drive the price down.
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
jan-jaap wrote:
Same problem here

There's no problem here on my end, I'm merely inquiring out of curiosity. I have some (HD-)SDI equipment here.

Quote:
On the plus side: the 'traditional' mini converters from AJA and the like still cost a fair bit of money, but it looks like the Chinese have jumped in, e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/350592200330

I have one of those as well, or something very similar/nearly identical. I use one of those contraptions in combination with a decent IPS panel LCD monitor, instead of having to spend money and desk space for a HD broadcast monitor (usually CRT and not always equipped with SDI, sometimes merely optional in the form of an equally expensive expansion board) of some kind.

Quote:
They may either be good (or at least reasonable, I'm not doing broadcast stuff anyway), or else drive the price down.

They're good in so far I've tested mine. They may not be flawless, but I'm not broadcasting either. (Merely using it provide the de facto broadcast monitor, via the DM5.)

• Offering various remaining (system) parts, many compatible with IRIX and OpenVMS AXP / I64 ;
• Looking for an SGI O3000 IP59 1 GHz MIPS R16000 quad-processor node board (for a Tezro).