Hardware For Sale/Trade

Altix 350 parts (Compatible with Origin 350) and rack rails

Hello all, I've stripped out a SGI rack today which was full of rackmount Altix 350 chassis which were all missing power supplys.

So is anyone interested in any of the following :

sgi rack rail kits - fit origin 300 / 350 altix 350 type chassis

1.6ghz Itanium CPU's (4Mb cache)
1GB DIMMs for Altix 350 (PC2700 ECC Registered)
2GB DIMMs for Altix 350 (PC2700 ECC Registered) - You can fit upto 12 of these per Altix 350 chassis - so 24GB if you needed!
IO10 Controller cards (This might make an interesting upgrade for someone with an Origin 350 - I think this would work, but not sure - a SATA backplane and IO10 instead of the standard SCSI would mean you could put a couple of high capacity SATA drives into an Origin system)
Cooling fans and blower assemblys

Also lots of the L1 display, plastic bezels in as new condition available - basically anything other than PSU's from an Altix 350.

Any interest, just PM me. Happy to post worldwide.

Thanks,
tjsgifan

Currently looking to buy good :Fuel: and :O2: :O2+: machine.
My kind of experiment 8-) PM sent ...

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
I think I have a spare O350 power supply back in the garage. hmm...

Somehow this never happened...

I'm pretty sure it would have failed, though:

IO9 contains an IOC4 chipset, and a pair or QL12160 chips. IRIX and PROM contain support for both IOC4 and QL12160.

IO10 contains an IOC4 chipset, and a "Vitesse Semiconductor VSC7174 PCI/PCI-X Serial ATA Host Bus Controller". The IOC4 may (or may not) work, but to the best of my knowledge neither IRIX not PROM support the Vitesse SATA chip.

The VSC7174 is limited to 1.5Gb link speeds, and IIRC there were other performance issues with either the IOC4 or the VSC7174.

I think it's better to stay with one of the supported LSI SAS/SATA controllers.

Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
jan-jaap wrote:
I'm pretty sure it would have failed, though:

The Onyx4's may have had that ? I remember someone from SGI talking about an O4 and how the sata in it was awful. It was not an addin card, it was on the IO-x board. I thought he said IO10 but maybe the O4 has a different one ?

Or this could be just a short circuit in the brain pan ...

The Onyx4's may have had that ? I remember someone from SGI talking about an O4 and how the sata in it was awful. It was not an addin card, it was on the IO-x board. I thought he said IO10 but maybe the O4 has a different one ?

Or this could be just a short circuit in the brain pan ...

Probably this post . But again, it only talks about Altix / Prism (aka Dorado) systems. Nothing MIPS/IRIX based.