Hardware For Sale/Trade

Workstations and PDP-11s for grabs in Ottawa, Canada - Page 1

Hi all,

Life circumstances unfortunately require that I give up my collection of computer hardware. My loss is your gain. So here's the deal -- if you come pick these items up, they're yours for free. I'm not parting anything out, and I'm not shipping anything for logistical reasons, so I suppose this limits this to being of interest to people in the Ottawa area only or people willing to drive up this way to pick them up.

SGI Hardware:
* Octane 2 - 2x, blue skins -- 400MHz R12000, at least 1 GB RAM, V6.
both have drive sleds. In great shape.
* Origin 200 - 1x, 300MHz R10000, 512 MB RAM, DAT drive, 9GB hard disk
* Indy R5000 150MHz, 24-bit Newport Graphics, 128 MB RAM, 4 GB disk
* O2 - Can't recall specs, but at least 128 MB RAM. Both have plain ol' audio-only cards.

HP Hardware:
* HP 712/80 (I don't recall any other details about it, has RAM though)
* HP J6000 (dual 552MHz PA-8600), 1 GB RAM, 1x9GB disk in sled
* HP C3600 (single 552MHz PA-8600), 1 GB RAM, 2x9GB disk in sleds

DEC:
* AlphaStation 255/300MHz, had a pile of disks and such, but I can't recall details

PDP-11 hardware:
* PDP-11/34 (RX211)
* PDP-11/23 (Various weird ADCs, an AED50 drive controller and drive chassis)
-- Emulates an RX02 and an RL02; can format RX02 disks (!!!)
-- full developer documentation for ADCs (ADAC Corporation)
* PDP-11/23+ (RQDX2) - used for controlling ventillation at Carleton U.
* PDP-11/73 (RQDX3, some SMD controller, RXV21, an ESDI controller), 4MB RAM
-- Runs RSTS/E
* PDP-11/23 (RQDX3, weird display card) -- ran a Sonotherm Ultrasound Device

RX02 (without rack rails), cabling included
Fujitsu M2322K, in the rack
DEC H960 rack

CDC 9-Track Drive (The only non-functional bit -- it seems it has a dead PSU)

Various drives are installed in machines, ranging from 100+ MB ESDI drives
(for the 11/73) to 10-25 MB hard disks (11/23s).

Plessey dumb terminal (faux VT100)

All cabling I can find (various serial cables, drive interconnection cables,
even power cables!) are included.

Boxes and boxes of 8" floppy disks. Some even unopened!

Various manuals (ADCs, RT-11 V4.00 manual set, complete with quick reference
manuals, various memory/board manuals)
PM Sent...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Of course, this has to be close to where I used to live...... Image

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
How much for the octane2? I dont really need another system, but if its cheap enough I am in Ottawa... :)

Edit: Actually, any idea on what you want for any of the sgi or hp machines? There is an HP job opening in ottawa for an HP-UX systems engineer... :)

Edit: Actually, any idea on what you want for any of the sgi or hp machines? There is an HP job opening in ottawa for an HP-UX systems engineer... :)
<cough>
philv wrote:
So here's the deal -- if you come pick these items up, they're yours for free.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
zmttoxics wrote:
How much for the octane2? I dont really need another system, but if its cheap enough I am in Ottawa... :)

<cough>
philv wrote:
So here's the deal -- if you come pick these items up, they're yours for free.

:oops: :oops:
Boy is my face red! PM on the way! :)

If I hooked up with a truck that by chance was making its way to my end of the country and would deliver to me at a fee, what would the chances you could get the 11's onto the truck? How many racks total is there?

pentium wrote:
If I hooked up with a truck that by chance was making its way to my end of the country and would deliver to me at a fee, what would the chances you could get the 11's onto the truck? How many racks total is there?

Pentium, you need to start saving up for a girlfriend. Besides that, one brand of computer is enough.
Well, I am sitting on pins and needles here. I would definitely like at least 1 of those sgi boxes and 1 of the hp boxes. Hopefully philv will get back to us soon! :)

Pentium, you need to start saving up for a girlfriend. Besides that, one brand of computer is enough.

Girlfriend? Pfft.
They invented hookers for a reason and trust me, they are a lot cheaper than girlfriends too! ;)

pentium wrote:
hamei wrote:
pentium wrote:

Girlfriend? Pfft.
They invented hookers for a reason and trust me, they are a lot cheaper than girlfriends too! ;)

Even so, less money on computers means more money for hookers!

anything new about this?

He posted it on the sunhelp rescue mail-list. I emailed him, but still no response!

I am thinking someone beat us to it....

Oh man. I've got plenty of computers myself, but after reading this, I think we need to stage an intervention.

Dude, It's no dream machine with dual TU-56's, RK-05's, and core galore but it IS at the least a PDP-11. I know I could probably deliver one to a loving home and the "meh" unit of the bunch could possibly be traded for a nice Lisa.

Actually, should I be saying all that out loud? :oops:

pentium wrote:
Dude, It's no dream machine with dual TU-56's, RK-05's, and core galore but it IS at the least a PDP-11. I know I could probably deliver one to a loving home and the "meh" unit of the bunch could possibly be traded for a nice Lisa.

Actually, should I be saying all that out loud? :oops:

This whole post is horrifying. Especially the part about trading a PDP-11 for a fracking Lisa.

RS6000 7044-170 333MHz/1GB
You people need to get laid... :lol:

at you?"
PDP-11? Lisa? Where?
Rhys wrote:
This whole post is horrifying. Especially the part about trading a PDP-11 for a fracking Lisa.

Depends on the Lisa, I would think ....