Hardware For Sale/Trade

Testing the waters: SGI/NeXT/FC/SUN collection (maybe) FS

Hello all,
as I am using my collection of SGI/NeXT/SUN stuff due to lack of time less and less and it does not seem to change in the coming years, I am tempted to put it up for sale.
However, if it is just worth the scrap metal, I prefer to keep it as I spent a small fortune during my youth to pile it up. Anybody got an idea what the following items would be worth? If anybody has a serious interest I welcome any offers.

SGI:
Indy R5200/SC 180 Mhz
256 MB RAM
24-bit XL graphics
2 GB hard disk
2x GIO presenter boards
Blue Indy bag

O2 R5200/SC 180 Mhz
512 MB RAM
9 GB hard disk
1600SW adapter board

Indigo II R10000/195 Mhz
768 MB RAM
2 hard disks(4 GB)
purple stands
Max Impact (4 TRAMs)
accessories:
Solid Impact board
Impact compression board
Presenter board
FDDI board
2 additional TRAMs

2 x Presenter panels (1 mint, 1 fair condition)
1 x Presenter 1280 panel working
1 x Presenter 1280 for spares (back light working, electronics seems to be partly broken)
Octane Presenter board
Dukane Overhead projector

Original keyboards and mice
5x 1600SW screen

NeXT:
Next Cube 68040/25 Mhz
64MB RAM
Nextdimension board (NTSC)
1 GB hard disk
MO drive (never tested, most probably broken)
few scratches

Nextstation 68040/25 Mhz
32 MB RAM
3xx MB hard drive

Megapixel monitor
B/W laser printer
huge pile of manuals (including cool NeXT catalogue with availabe HW/SW)

1 x black keyboard / mouse

FC:
Brocade 28xx/38xx switch (IBM labeled)
Dual FC / LVDS bridge (Fujitsu/Siemens labeled)
Sun 7x FC Hub, 1 Gbit
Qlogic 2100/2200 boards

Sun:
Sparcstation 5
Sparcstation 10 clone
Video digitizer board (SBUS)
2 x NewsPrinter 20 (A3 laser printer), including cables, software (driver,fonts) and SBUS adapter board
several GM20E20 monitors

I am located in Germany.

Cheers, ck_one
I would love the NeXT stuff but shipping from Europe kills the deal.
死の神はりんごだけ食べる

開いた括弧は必ず閉じる -- あるプログラマー

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Twitter @PymbleSoftware
Current Apps (iOS) -> https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/pymb ... d553990081
(Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... +Ltd&hl=en
(Onyx2) Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
(0300s) Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
Hello,

I'm interested in the O2… but I'm afraid the price I would propose for it may make you keep it for yourself… I've such models being given away between members here…

As I said, I'm interested but my offer is very unlikely to go over 10€ for it and you can keep the ram… 20€ if there is the A/V module…

Regards
:O2: :Indy: (KO) :Octane: (KO)

Looking for:
1600sw, O2 cam, Fuel
ck_one wrote: as I am using my collection of SGI/NeXT/SUN stuff due to lack of time less and less and it does not seem to change in the coming years, I am tempted to put it up for sale.
[...]
I am located in Germany.

Have you considered offering these on the German SGI board ( http://www.mood-indigo.org/ ? Anyone there would at least have less shipping charges to deal with.

I doubt you'll get much for the Sparcstations - here in NL, they hardly fetch any money. In fact, I was planning on giving my Sparcstation 10 clone away for free. Even an Ultra 10 doesn't fetch much these days...
Hooked up: :Octane: [R12k/400, V6] :Indigo2IMP: [R10k/195, HI] :Indy: [R5k/180, XL24] :Indy: [R5k/150, -];
Sun U60/2x450, U10/440, U2/2x200, AXi/440; some PCs
In storage: :O2: [R10k/195] :O2: [R10k/150] :Indigo2IMP: [R4k4/250, SI]; DEC VX40;
Sun SS1/1+/2/4/5/10/20/ELC/IPC/IPX/Classic/LX/Classic X/Xterminal 1, U1/1E/5/30, JS1/NC;
DTK Station U-2/2x360; Apple iMac DV G3/400; Toshiba Libretto 110CT + even more PCs
I'd like the indigo2 and one or two 1600sw please pm with your requested price
Coffee for the mind, pizza for the body, sushi for the soul

:O2+: r7k350 :O2: r7k600 :O2: r12k400 sw1600 :Octane2: 2x400 v10
PM sent, i'm really interested in the Next cube :?
:Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :O2: :O200: :Octane2: :Onyx2: :Onyx2: :Onyx2R: :1600SW: :1600SW:
I'm interested in next cube and nextstation . I sent you a PM.
"Look on wife/girlfriends/parents face when you drag all this stuff(IRIS CRIMSON, ONYX, ONYX2, ORIGIN 2000 ,etc.) home.... Priceless! ;) "
:Tezro: :O3x02L: :Indy: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :O2: :Octane: Motorla Series 900(MVME197LE) , Atari TT030, Motorola Powerstack
i'm really interested in the INDY if it's in good shape (visually) , however i do not know how much such a system would go for...

i've been wanting to try one for a while and it's almost impossible to find one that's functional AND in good shape/without missing parts or cracked case where i live

i'm in the north of france so not too far from you.

what would forum members think is a reasonable price for this indy?

thanks

EDIT: apparently this system is equipped with GIO presenter boards. i'm not familiar with these so i do not know what they're worth. i guess i could spend about 100/120 euros including shipping (so 80/100 euros for you) for the bare indy with the "GIO" board removed, if the skin is in really good condition (the reason for this is that i bought an octane and received it with the skin badly scuffed, and i'm about to buy an O2 with a damaged skin too, so i'd like to own at least one SGI system that doesn't look like sh**, plus the indy looks really good :mrgreen: )

maybe post pics so we can see the hardware in the "flesh" ?
:Octane:
I'd think that 100 Euros would be more in line with the O2 or Indigo2 - but those are at American prices (Europe might be more expensive for the same SGI).

Without the GIO Presenter interface I'd put the Indy more at the E25-50 range.
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
SAQ wrote: I'd think that 100 Euros would be more in line with the O2 or Indigo2 - but those are at American prices (Europe might be more expensive for the same SGI).

Without the GIO Presenter interface I'd put the Indy more at the E25-50 range.

For comparison: On the Dutch "Marktplaats", there are currently two Indys: 1xR5k/150 with XL24 and one R5k/180 with XL8. Both 64MB, 1GB HD with CRT, keyboard, mouse and camera. They were on and off there for 10-20EUR for the better part of two months by now and have not been sold as far as I can see.
Hooked up: :Octane: [R12k/400, V6] :Indigo2IMP: [R10k/195, HI] :Indy: [R5k/180, XL24] :Indy: [R5k/150, -];
Sun U60/2x450, U10/440, U2/2x200, AXi/440; some PCs
In storage: :O2: [R10k/195] :O2: [R10k/150] :Indigo2IMP: [R4k4/250, SI]; DEC VX40;
Sun SS1/1+/2/4/5/10/20/ELC/IPC/IPX/Classic/LX/Classic X/Xterminal 1, U1/1E/5/30, JS1/NC;
DTK Station U-2/2x360; Apple iMac DV G3/400; Toshiba Libretto 110CT + even more PCs
Hello again,
wow, so many responses. Thanks for your input. So, it boils down to the following:
The O2 and Indy are worth close to nothing, the Indigo 2 a bit more (maybe). It does not seem that the rare goodies (Impact compression, Indy bag, Presenter and Dukane stuff) add that much value (you don't want to know how much the compression and presenter boards/displays costed some years ago. The NeXTcube still has some value, but that system would give me lots of pain if I give it away, so compensation would be in the k€ range.

@acidchrist: the indy case is in very good condition, nothing broken or scratched. If there is serious interest I can take some pictures during the christmas holidays.

regards,
ck_one
if the indy is indeed in very good condition, i would be interested. it would be great if you could take some pictures.

what would you ask for the indy with the bag and the keyboard and mouse?
:Octane:
Hi,
I would make an offer for the nextstation : what do you think about 30 - 35€ without the shipping ?
Apple : PowerBook G4 17" 1.67 GHz + PowerMac G5 dual 1.8 GHz (dead) + MacBook black (dead) + MacBook pro 13" + eMac [email protected] for MorphOS
Cobalt Networks : Qube 2 (Never powered on) + Raq 2 (dead) + Raq 550
PC : nothing really interesting + lots of dead shits
Sgi : :Octane: :O2: :Indy: :Onyx:
SUN : 2 x Sparc Station 4 + Ultra 5 + Blade 100 + Blade 2000 + Chimera Sun pci
Other : Efika, Zaurus
ck_one wrote: Hello again,
wow, so many responses. Thanks for your input. So, it boils down to the following:
The O2 and Indy are worth close to nothing, the Indigo 2 a bit more (maybe). It does not seem that the rare goodies (Impact compression, Indy bag, Presenter and Dukane stuff) add that much value (you don't want to know how much the compression and presenter boards/displays costed some years ago. The NeXTcube still has some value, but that system would give me lots of pain if I give it away, so compensation would be in the k€ range.

@acidchrist: the indy case is in very good condition, nothing broken or scratched. If there is serious interest I can take some pictures during the christmas holidays.

regards,
ck_one

IMPACT compression is definitely worth something, not nearly what you paid for it, but still something. It's the best video option for Indigo2, and much rarer than the Cosmo (Indigo2Video, Indigo2Video for IMPACT, Cosmo Compress) series. Presenters have a following, but you'll need to find them.

The Indy is in good condition, maxed out CPU/RAM and decent graphics, which puts it over the 10-20 euro range. I stand by my ~U$30-50 estimate.
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
I'm interested in the NeXT cube but getting a thousand pounds for it even with the Dimension board sounds pretty high. If you can get that good for you.

I might be as the Impact Compression board and possibly the presenter board but shipping from Germany to the USA probably puts it out of my price range.
thegoldbug
:ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :320: :320: :320: :320: :Indy: x5 :Indy: x2 :1600SW: x5 :Indigo: x7
Vault L, 6-1200s, Fibre Hub, Dials, Boards, spares, 3 Sun Blade 2000s, Sun Fire V480, 2-Hero 2000 Robots, 5-Hero 1 Robots