SGI: Hardware

"Success" recognizing Sony Camcorder...

Looking at the SYSLOG, I got:
Scanning firewire bus /hw/node/xtalk/13/pci/1/ohci/0 (1 node)
SONY CORPORATION LTD., DCR-TRV230

So firewire communication happens (and apparently well as my camcorder is indeed a DCR-TRV230), but where do I go from there?
Does Media Recorder (mediarecorder) pick it up as a video input source?
Probably not, but hey, I can dream right?
vegac wrote: Does Media Recorder (mediarecorder) pick it up as a video input source?
Probably not, but hey, I can dream right?

That would be nice, but no...
If you have the DM10 software installed, I suggest looking at the man page for libfw(3dm). There is also an example program for querying a firewire device. I'd guess some programming will be required.
He guys,

I got that part working over a few months already!
This is no news anymore.
Just look in the other two firewire subject posts.

I tested two TI chipset boards succesfully with my Sony DCR TRV-110e
on my O2 with 6.5.24. I am just waiting for my cardcage to arrive and
than I'll test it on my Octane too.

If only we had a professional programmer that could write some code....
Maybe I'll have to get one of these cards for my O2, and a DV cam and see what I can whip up...

After all, that PCI slot in my O2 needs to have SOMETHING in there...either going to be this or gigabit :P
vegac wrote: Maybe I'll have to get one of these cards for my O2, and a DV cam and see what I can whip up...

After all, that PCI slot in my O2 needs to have SOMETHING in there...either going to be this or gigabit :P

Are there even gigagbit drivers for O2? There is a little tiny 2496 byte file called if_eg2.o that is the closest thing I can find name wise, but it doesn't seem to have a reference to any known PCI IDs that I can see (or text strings for that matter), plus it's awfully small ...

Edit: Looks like no to O2 gigabit drivers .
Twitter: @neko_no_ko
IRIX Release 4.0.5 IP12 Version 06151813 System V
Copyright 1987-1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
loonvf wrote: He guys,

I got that part working over a few months already!
This is no news anymore.
Just look in the other two firewire subject posts.

I tested two TI chipset boards succesfully with my Sony DCR TRV-110e
on my O2 with 6.5.24. I am just waiting for my cardcage to arrive and
than I'll test it on my Octane too.

If only we had a professional programmer that could write some code....

Hey Francois! ;)

...I'm ready from months to make a fancy Capture/Play/Edit app including a cool GUI; but I'm trying from last three months to get one of these boards here, and nothing!!!

Have you reached some degree of success with the Pinnacle Studio DV ???

It is the only TI based board that I've founded in my country; and it is not so cheap:

U$D 285.- Studio DV

against U$D 500.- for an original DM10

...not so great difference :roll:

I'll code a libfw based app as soon I can get working a FW board here!
hello,

$500 for a dm10?? by far cheaper as i thought!!
where do you get this price?
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: hello,

Isn't that the official SGI price ? I thought it was ....

Quite a bit more than SIIG charges, at $50. Or unixmuseum paid, $5 :-)

Hey, does anyone remember where the url is for the SGI-recommended O2-cam replacement ? The one on the funky-looking little tripod ?I could swear i saw that exact same camera over at the electricity market for $15 today. If so, definitely should purchase one or two.
hamei wrote:

Isn't that the official SGI price ? I thought it was ....

Quite a bit more than SIIG charges, at $50. Or unixmuseum paid, $5 :-)

Hey, does anyone remember where the url is for the SGI-recommended O2-cam replacement ? The one on the funky-looking little tripod ?I could swear i saw that exact same camera over at the electricity market for $15 today. If so, definitely should purchase one or two.

We got the DM10 (discounted) for $365 and the DM8 for $146.

The recommended camera for the DM10 is the GM051394-KD the 1394 - FireWire camera with legs .
squeen wrote: The recommended camera for the DM10 is the GM051394-KD the 1394 - FireWire camera with legs .

Thanks. It looks identical, from the el-weirdo legs to the flattened Model A headlamp shape. I'll go buy one tomorrow. Maybe I can do some trading, finally :-)
loonvf wrote: If only we had a professional programmer that could write some code....

I was under the impression that we had several of those. It's just a matter of finding ones with free time, and getting the right hardware into their hands.

Developer Program PLUS discount price list...
jdboyd wrote:
loonvf wrote: If only we had a professional programmer that could write some code....

I was under the impression that we had several of those. It's just a matter of finding ones with free time, and getting the right hardware into their hands.

I've got not problem of get one of theses U$D 285.- Pinnacle Studio DV; but I need some degree of warranties that the stuff works on O2/IRIX , since I don't want pay U$D285.- on a PeeCee only FireWire card...

I never used PeeCees since last two years, other than for proxies/caches/firewalls and always with some free Unix flavor.

I'll never put one of those dirty crappy boxes on my desktop! :lol: