SGI: Hardware

few questions for the pros

can an origin 2100 deskside turned into an onyx 2 deskside system with IR graphics ?

i guess my question is what is the difference between the 2 systems and what trouble has one go through to modify the 2100 to turn into an onyx 2 ?

also anybody here has an onyx 2 deskside chassis for sale ?

thanks

wolf :roll:
no, the cage is different and so is the midplane.
normally trying to turn an origin into an onyx doesn't pay out.

you might also wanna use the search. there were several topics about this.
r-a-c.de
wolfmoco wrote: wolfmoco2 (at) gmail.com

Just a warning: that there are programs called spiders that crawl across web pages and collect email addresses like yours and flood inboxes...
I've seen other people do it here as well. Dont post email addresses unless you have a honey pot for spam combat and research purposes.

Regan
:Onyx2R: :Onyx2R: :0300: :0300: :0300: :O200: :Octane: :Octane: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x SUN, 2 x Mac, 3 x Alpha, 2 x RS/6000
For what it's worth, gmail has a f'ing spectacular spam filter. Out of the 20 or so spam messages I get sent per day, only about 1 a week actually makes it into my inbox. The false-positive rate is nonexistant, too. Good stuff.
MooglyGuy wrote: For what it's worth, gmail has a f'ing spectacular spam filter. Out of the 20 or so spam messages I get sent per day, only about 1 a week actually makes it into my inbox. The false-positive rate is nonexistant, too. Good stuff.

Quoted for truth.