Nekochan Net

Nifty Suggestion: SGI Theme

This is just a nifty little suggestion that I'd like to say someone should do sometime.

A theme (AKA Style AKA whatever phpBB calls it) with IRIX/SGI machines on it would be pretty suiting for the forum. It would also be kinda funny if there were a more "Neko" theme to Nekochan.

I'd probably still like to use this default theme, though. Some of us don't adapt to change very well.
waiting for that single someone to just appear with a theme ready is like waiting for hades to buy you a cold one. how about a kickstart?

willing to help, no clue about phpBB code, no sgi/wacom around me here but we'll manage somehow.

start serving proposed images until we reach a nice set to make up a theme. there are many wacomistas here, fellow duckling from scandinavia could start with a panorama of his collection or whatever got him into the sgi:land.

Nuke wrote: Some of us don't adapt to change very well.

change is good most of the times, keeps yo fresh. you can stick to the "old" theme but what happened to this place?

when i hoped on board, an acquisition of an indy/o2 by any member would bring smiles, a hinv thread and congratulations. re-installing irix was conceived as scary voodoo but we tackled that as time went by. heartbrakes and wars with loony rezellerz.

all/most sgi stuff ended to you as collectors/members of this board and all we get lately is pretentious busyness and some pathetic cameos by zero-lifers with a font-formatting addiction. hurrah! so you got a bunch of usernames and have a whole thread discussing with yourselves! cookies are in the green jar.

on second thought, here's a nifty suggestion number 2: pete pulls the plug for a week and gives everyone a weekly diet.
fu wrote: ... all we get lately is pretentious busyness ...

You need a cheer-me-up, fu :D

Starts off a little slow but hang in there, some of the stories are so funny I had tears. Bottle's a friend ...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=324021

Some more ... almost wet my pants a few times :

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=133776
he said a girl named Patches was found ...
That's my old Camaro :)

hamei wrote:
fu wrote: ... all we get lately is pretentious busyness ...

You need a cheer-me-up, fu :D
just_goin_home_sir.jpg

Starts off a little slow but hang in there, some of the stories are so funny I had tears. Bottle's a friend ...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=324021

Some more ... almost wet my pants a few times :

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=133776
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
kshuff wrote: That's my old Camaro :)

Ever do any street racing, shuffer ? You can tell us, nobody here will fink :P
I used to race my '71 Dodge Challybore all the time! :mrgreen:

Never won once... :cry:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
vishnu wrote: I used to race my '71 Dodge Challybore all the time! :mrgreen:

ooh. Nice :D bet you wish you still had it ... I had a 67 Eldo for a while, the one with the helicopter landing pad on the hood ? Used to fantasize at stoplights once in a while, next to some p.o.s. Toyota, "If I opened the door right now, I could crush that Jap crap like a bug ..." :P

But nowadays I dream of something more like this ....
hamei wrote:
vishnu wrote: I used to race my '71 Dodge Challybore all the time! :mrgreen:

ooh. Nice :D bet you wish you still had it ...

Yeah! 8-) No, I drove that thing into dust... :cry:

hamei wrote: I had a 67 Eldo for a while, the one with the helicopter landing pad on the hood ? Used to fantasize at stoplights once in a while, next to some p.o.s. Toyota, "If I opened the door right now, I could crush that Jap crap like a bug ..." :P
They'd a been spam in a can! I had a 75 Lincoln Town Car, robin's egg blue, a thing of beauty but it had carburetor issues in that it spewed gas all over the intake manifold, one day it burst into flames on the corner of 66th and Penn Avenue in South Minneapolis and burned to the ground, I had sold it to a friend of my dad's for a couple hundred bucks and his insurance paid him like $1800 for it, despite the inconvenience of having to bail out of a burning car and then find another ride home when it burned down to scrap metal he was pretty okay with that.. :lol:

hamei wrote: But nowadays I dream of something more like this ....

All it needs is a set of Webley Vickers! :mrgreen:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
rockers, start your engines!

we've got the disco devil dressed as the disco rebel :)
vishnu wrote: ...one day it burst into flames on the corner of 66th and Penn Avenue in South Minneapolis and burned to the ground...

A South Minneapolis boy like me would tell you that 66th and Penn is Richfield, not Minneapolis, no matter what the map may say ;)

Depending on when this happened, he could have drowned his sorrows in roast beef and Jamocha shakes at the Arby's.

If, however, you are suffering from nostalgia, a car place here in Northfield (where I live now) has a baby blue Lincoln TC of that era sitting out in pride of place in their lot. I'm sure you could make a deal!
:O2: :Indigo: :Cube: Image
ScutBoy wrote: If, however, you are suffering from nostalgia, a car place here in Northfield (where I live now) has a baby blue Lincoln TC of that era sitting out in pride of place in their lot. I'm sure you could make a deal!

If you wanna talk stewpid, the Chrysler dealer in San Rafael was on a big corner lot, had an elevated stand at the apex with an orange Superbird on it for the longest time. I mean years They probably finally had to scrap it :D We all laughed ourselves silly about "Who would drive around in one of those pretentious p.o.s.'es ?"

Yeah, well, me, now. In a heartbeat. Maybe I'd want a purple one tho .... the musclecar answer to the '59 Caddy :?

vishnu wrote: All it needs is a set of Webley Vickers! :mrgreen:

And a drive chain, ta-pocketa-pocketa :P
Cute nekogirl holding an O2. Basic blue matches that of an Indy. What's not Silicon Graphics-like about the forum theme?