IBM

9111-285 Drive Trays

Can anyone tell me if they are specific to this model or can I use from other models? I suspect the latter but Ebay is revealing millions of different types of IBM Drive trays and I nearly won the wrong ones!

Or if anyone has any spare ones...

Steve
I have a 9111-285 and a 9114-275 and can swap trays between the two computers without any problems.
Unfortunately I have no spare ones at the moment...

I have a 9111-285 and a 9114-275 and can swap trays between the two computers without any problems.

What's your address and what time's are you out?!!!
stek1961 wrote:
paulfred wrote:

?

I think you misread him.

paulfred wrote:

?

I think you misread him.

I didn't actually, it was my pathetic attempt at humour!

I was going to rob him!

Steve
stek1961 wrote:
I was going to rob him!

Steve

You probably meant "burgle"

Systems available for remote access on request.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
SAQ wrote:
stek1961 wrote:
I was going to rob him!

Steve

You probably meant "burgle"

burglarize

Are the trays from any xSeries IBM server compatible with these of the intellistations? I was looking at some ebay and local offerings but would be great is someone with xSeries to confirm interchangeability.

[OpenVMS 8.3 Cluster @ Digital Personal WorkStation 600a & Digital AlphaServer 1200] [IRIX 5.3 @ SGI Indy] [Solaris 9 @ Sun Ultra 1 Creator3D] [Solaris 10 @ Sun Ultra 30 Creator 3D] [System 7 @ Macintosh Plus] [System 7 @ Macintosh Performa 630] [MAC OS 10.3 @ PPC Mac Mini] [Debian 4.0 @ PC]
xSeries? If that's the trays for the x86 based IBM servers, no, they're not compatible.

Like somebody at AMD said about a decade ago: Benchmarking is like sex. Everybody brags about it, everybody loves doing it and nobody can agree on performance.
yes, xSeries is the x86 server line of IBM. Thanks for the info.

[OpenVMS 8.3 Cluster @ Digital Personal WorkStation 600a & Digital AlphaServer 1200] [IRIX 5.3 @ SGI Indy] [Solaris 9 @ Sun Ultra 1 Creator3D] [Solaris 10 @ Sun Ultra 30 Creator 3D] [System 7 @ Macintosh Plus] [System 7 @ Macintosh Performa 630] [MAC OS 10.3 @ PPC Mac Mini] [Debian 4.0 @ PC]
I found the trays from my 7046-B50 fit fine even if the rails are a shade tight.