IBM

ONScripter-EN 20080823 ported to AIX 6.1 - Page 1

Sorry this isn't ported to IRIX yet, because I'm not really enthused about all those errors I've been getting. But I managed to get it to compile and work on AIX 6.1! I'll post the binary later when it's cool enough for my Intellistation to run again without sounding like a turbine.

Since this is 20080823, don't expect anything from al|together 2008 and beyond to work. LEAVEs didn't, but Narcissu and OMGWTFOTL do. Now you can (theoretically) fap to Arcueid while working with WPARS or whatever it is people actually do with their RS6Ks! Or play planetarian (theoretically)! Or play Higurashi/Umineko (theoretically)! Or (theoretically again) Kagetsu Tohya!

In case you're wondering, all those visual novels that I mentioned are halfway across the world in Malaysia. When I do get there, I'll probably continue porting ONScripter-EN over with my maxed-out Indy R5K and complain about how slow it is running ONScripter and how many seconds it takes to do a simple fade in of an image while playing Vorbis in the background. For now, just be content with these screenshots.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 4. Convmv reports that the filenames are already in UTF-8... and changing the encoding to UTF-8 in Konsole gives the correct Japanese names for the filenames, so I'm not sure what's the problem here. Maybe this version of ONScripter doesn't support UTF-8. EDIT: Yup, Windows version of 20080823 gives the same message. Even tells me not to use Vista. I'm hard at work trying to figure out why the SVN ONScripter doesn't detect my installed SDL library.
Judging from the response, I guess nobody cares about ONScripter for workstations :D not that I care, it's really cool to see it run on another platform and with sound.
Your library config may differ from mine (perzl's SDL, SDL_ttf, SDL_gfx, SDL_Pango installed to /opt/freeware via rpm), so you probably should compile your own binary. All libraries are provided for by this image.

Make sure that sdl-config is in your path, the included SDL doesn't compile. The compiled binaries onscripter and onscripter-en are naturally included, but may not work, I'm not familiar with static and shared libraries and all that.

Quote:
Doesn't detect SDL because sdl-config isn't in path. Solution? hell if I know.
SDL_image refuses to configure because gcc 4.2.4 on AIX doesn't support -mthreads as a option, thereby failing SDL detection. -mthreads seems to be related to Mingw32, so it may be x86 only.
Solution: change single instance of -mthreads to -pthread in sdl-config (/opt/freeware/bin/sdl-config)
Remove Werror in Makefile
ld errors: undefined symbols iconv, ov
add -liconv to LIBS section in Makefile and -lvorbisfile (it seems -lvorbisfile was included earlier in the command line, but it didn't count)
Problem: runs, but doesn't display window. It just gets to 'adding .' and 'adding ..' and nothing happens.
ritchan wrote:
Judging from the response, I guess nobody cares about ONScripter for workstations
If you'd like to generate interest in a new port, it might not hurt to include a reference link or a brief description of what the application is used for.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
http://nscripter.insani.org/
A visual novel engine. A visual novel is a novel with music and images and branching plotlines. And NScripter happens to be one of the most widely used engines. Higurashi, Umineko, Tsukihime and its derivatives, planetarian and much more are all based on NScripter. ONScripter is a GPL clone of NScripter.
Umineko episode 4 now works if you convert the 0.txt (by un-xor84-ing nscript.dat) from Shift_JIS into UTF-8, but it seems to have problems playing back Vorbis BGM. Latest SVN version of ONScripter-EN found to build with the same fixes.

Any visual novel with the file game.id needs to have that text file converted into Unix LF format, otherwise it'll hang. LEAVEs now works, and I'm sure a lot of VNs will work if you apply that game.id thing. I suppose I'll have to figure out how to correct the game.id bug in the source...

http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35673
ritchan wrote:
Judging from the response, I guess nobody cares about ONScripter for workstations :D

Well for me anyway, it would be a little cooler if it was running on IRIX, as I don't really use AIX to any extent. But that's just me :)

All Rights Reserved.
nekonoko wrote:
ritchan wrote:
Judging from the response, I guess nobody cares about ONScripter for workstations :D

Well for me anyway, it would be a little cooler if it was running on IRIX, as I don't really use AIX to any extent. But that's just me :)

Maybe later tonight I'll fire up my Octane again, I have to do some shopping atm. My Intellistation is really fast compared to my Octane, so I suppose it's only natural. Plus, the speed at which pbzip2 flies never ceases to amaze me with how much those CPUs of mine can do.

Come to think of it, I wonder if a 4CPU Onyx 350 could outrun this baby of mine... heh heh heh...
http://csiph.com/gallery/v/Users/kev009/AIX/

Doing various weird things on an old Microchannel box 8-) Lots of fun.

http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ - IBM Retro
http://www.kev009.com/ - Blog
http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?p=7276720#p7276720

MCA again....
Was helping a friend clean out his garage and noticed this sitting outside next to his deck.

Attachment:
100_0597.JPG
100_0597.JPG [ 1.51 MiB | Viewed 254 times ]

Attachment:
100_0598.JPG
100_0598.JPG [ 908.97 KiB | Viewed 254 times ]

Attachment:
100_0599.JPG
100_0599.JPG [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 254 times ]

Attachment:
100_0600.JPG
100_0600.JPG [ 1.78 MiB | Viewed 254 times ]

It's in madly sad shape (rusted shielding and weathered plastics) since it's been sitting outside for a few years but it is indeed an ANS 700/150. It even has the keys! :D
The inside looks a lot cleaner so ther is still a chance it can be recovered. Erik and Shiner are the last sources of info on these beasts on the net however the necassary AIX 4.1.x software and installation media is the hard part. Linux is not an alternative (The linux kernels are just as ancient and useless now) so what do I do?

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Those are nice looking machines, but are only useful as a table. They are too fragile for normal use, and it is almost impossible to find any spares when they fail as they are so rare.

I picked one with my brother that was in excellent condition and it worked for 1 whole day. We only managed to install the AIX to that hellmachine, before it started to randomly reboot itself. At first it could sometimes run for hours without a reboot, but currently it is in endless reboot loop.

But if you are really desperate with it, I should still have the original AIX medias that came with the machine somewhere.
pentium wrote:
noticed this sitting outside next to his deck...what do I do?

Looks like a nice hose winder-upper reel. Complete the transformation and post lots of pics!

Those are nice looking machines, but are only useful as a table.

...But if you are really desperate with it, I should still have the original AIX medias that came with the machine somewhere.

Oh, that would be fantastic if I somehow got hold of that! :D

It's still over at the house but I'll try to haul it back to CelGen HQ sometime this week for a badly needed trardown and cleaning.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
http://www.typewritten.org/Media/Images ... st-ipl.png

Still MCA.

http://www.gaming-shop.si/~luka/gnome_aix.png

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16721503
http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35673
where did you get KDE 3.4 packages? :)