IBM

New flower stand! RS/6000-C10 (7009-C10) - Page 2

Ladies and gentlemen!

Since I've been trying to revive all of my gear recently, I gave this one another try: plugged in power, turned the "ignition" key into "OK" position, and pressed starter...erm, power on switch... and while waiting for boot sequence to _ever_ finish, got busy with my work related routines. After quite some time I actually noticed something weird: the LED panel was blank! Worrying, I power-cycled it, this time observing - went thru 517, stopped on 558 for like 3 minutes... and then went through higher numbers, finally bleeping c33 and going blank...

Obviously you can imagine my happiness upon discovering the meaning of that code. It was even greater when, after plugging InfoWindow II, it showed much wanted AIX 4 greeting screen.

Root had no password. Last login was on...

wait for it...

June 16, 2002,

Unfortunately the terminal's keyboard is broken (a and c are almost unusable), so can't really do much for now, but really glad this gentle thing is working.

Unfortunately the terminal's keyboard is broken (a and c are almost unusable), so can't really do much for now

Punch the key harder. :D
It's fantastic to hear you finally got it running again.

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
If it's an IBM keyboard you can probably fix it easily.

Systems available for remote access on request.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
It's alive! IT'S ALIVE... and well, in fact there's X11 and CDE installed, AUI transceiver seems to be on strike though, difficult to tell - keeps telling there's a link even though cable is disconnected.
Now it's network config.

Meet Debussy
Image Image