SGI: Video

Was this PCI-X card used in SGI Flame/Smoke systems ? - Page 2

Picked up the card I won on ebay today (card mentioned by OP).
Plugged it into a FUEL and it's not recognized at all, so I will have to wait for a Prism, I suppose it could of course be faulty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
Not recognized at probably excludes the possibility it appeared in the "PCI Adpater ID" section of an hinv -vm or in the output of a run against the L1 PCI command. On the odd chance it made an appearance in either location (and the even less likely possibility you haven't already btdt), it might be interesting to try again with the DVS software development kit.

If you don't already have it, devv was kind enough to link the DVS SDK in this thread .
devv wrote: DVS has kindly provided a link to file named sdk2.7p28.tar.Z.

I believe this filename "sdk2.7p28.tar.Z" is more correct than "sdio-sdk2.7p28.tar.gz" (the filename that was previously reported in the forums) because this SDK seems to have support for SDStationOEM, HDStationOEM and Centaurus boards.
(All three are PCI-X boards, and according to http://web.archive.org/web/201604131846 ... chive.html , Centaurus combines the features of SDBoard and HDBoard).

The top of the SDK README states "This is a combined Beta SDK release for SDBoard / Centaurus".
Probably a long shot, but the photos the OP posted of the board appear to match the "Centaurus" photo in the archive.org copy of DVS page devv linked in his post. There's an even better resolution photo of the board in the DVS Centaurus pdf file.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote: Not recognized at probably excludes the possibility it appeared in the "PCI Adpater ID" section of an hinv -vm or in the output of a run against the L1 PCI command. On the odd chance it made an appearance in either location (and the even less likely possibility you haven't already btdt), it might be interesting to try again with the DVS software development kit.

If you don't already have it, devv was kind enough to link the DVS SDK in this thread .
devv wrote: DVS has kindly provided a link to file named sdk2.7p28.tar.Z.

I believe this filename "sdk2.7p28.tar.Z" is more correct than "sdio-sdk2.7p28.tar.gz" (the filename that was previously reported in the forums) because this SDK seems to have support for SDStationOEM, HDStationOEM and Centaurus boards.
(All three are PCI-X boards, and according to http://web.archive.org/web/201604131846 ... chive.html , Centaurus combines the features of SDBoard and HDBoard).

The top of the SDK README states "This is a combined Beta SDK release for SDBoard / Centaurus".
Probably a long shot, but the photos the OP posted of the board appear to match the "Centaurus" photo in the archive.org copy of DVS page devv linked in his post. There's an even better resolution photo of the board in the DVS Centaurus pdf file.

I had another attempt today, but no joy, drivers installed, but not showing.
It does though show something on PCI 5

Code: Select all

PCI Adapter ID (vendor 4165, device 51297) pci slot 5

But that's it. It is definitely a DM12.
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
uunix wrote: I had another attempt today, but no joy, drivers installed, but not showing.

smj has one of those! He references it in this post: http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=16724548
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
vishnu wrote:
uunix wrote: I had another attempt today, but no joy, drivers installed, but not showing.

smj has one of those! He references it in this post: http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=16724548

That's the same vendor and device.. :shock:
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
If you follow the rather labyrinthine branch of threads spawned by that post it looks like links to a couple of potential driver files are provided, perhaps we can get smj or BSDero to weigh in on their subsequent experience with that board... :roll:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2: