SGI: Development

HTML Editors for Irix

In NekoWare we have Bluefish 0.7... CosmoCreate is getting a little behind the times... Composer is, well, Composer...

Has anyone tried compiling the latest version of Bluefish (1.0.4?) or NVu (Composer on steroids)? Is it a project worth tackling?

~Jeff Corbets
gtk is evil...

and to really answer: no I haven't tried
jeffcorbets wrote: In NekoWare we have Bluefish 0.7... CosmoCreate is getting a little behind the times... Composer is, well, Composer...

Has anyone tried compiling the latest version of Bluefish (1.0.4?) or NVu (Composer on steroids)? Is it a project worth tackling?

~Jeff Corbets

i made several nvu versions.
have a look into my folder.
r-a-c.de
foetz,

Yeah, I peeked in your folder last night after I posted the message and saw Nvu 1.0... downloaded and fiddled with it early this morning. It's certainly better than Composer, but it is pretty slugish on my dual-processor Octane.

How about the latest Bluefish?

~Jeff Corbets
jeffcorbets wrote: foetz,

Yeah, I peeked in your folder last night after I posted the message and saw Nvu 1.0... downloaded and fiddled with it early this morning. It's certainly better than Composer, but it is pretty slugish on my dual-processor Octane.

How about the latest Bluefish?

~Jeff Corbets

no smp support on all mozilla apps at all :cry:
so on a dual machine the second cpu is ignored...

i would go for a nice editor with synt.highl.
r-a-c.de
Be careful /w nedit. I built an entire website using it, and once I deployed it I discovered that the encoding was not compatible with google's spider. So the google description was all jumbled and messy. They have since removed the site from their index, and have ignored my request to reinstate it.
miunk wrote: Be careful /w nedit. I built an entire website using it, and once I deployed it I discovered that the encoding was not compatible with google's spider. So the google description was all jumbled and messy. They have since removed the site from their index, and have ignored my request to reinstate it.

that's strange. i used nedit for years as my primary editor and never had any issues.
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote:
miunk wrote: Be careful /w nedit. I built an entire website using it, and once I deployed it I discovered that the encoding was not compatible with google's spider. So the google description was all jumbled and messy. They have since removed the site from their index, and have ignored my request to reinstate it.

that's strange. i used nedit for years as my primary editor and never had any issues.

Same here, I don't know where I would be without my NEdit and highlighting .pats files. I use it for everything! :?